OMG I've just remembered Mothers Day!!!

Guest moonraker1959

Guest moonraker1959

Does anyone know of any good online sites that I can order from for Mothers Day?Not sure how I managed to forget this year(I'm in the UK Mum in Oz)Probably as I've recently had to buy pressies for my Son and then Easter!Is it too late to order anything now?Any help appreciated!xx

Guest Adelaide_bound

Is mothers day on a different date in Oz then (is it the same as the US maybe)? How bizarre - would have thought they would follow the UK dates for things :eek:

Are there 'National everything days' in Oz yet, like over here? Ie 'Happy Dog Day' 'Happy Step-Grandfather Day' etc etc....

Moonpig are pretty good at sending cards out asap, I send all my cards all over the world with them now, much easier (and they send me reminders by email for things) don't know if they do flowers or anything as well now or not, but a card is something :)

Depends what you want to order. For flowers you could look up a local florist and ring and order something - or Tynte Florists do some lovely stuff. For cards I'm pretty sure Moonpig have an Australian branch - I've definitely had a card here from them (from friends in the UK). My folks got me a hamper from Myers at Christmas, so again, you could ring or email your Mum's local store. Otherwise if you still have friends here in Australia, why not call them ask them to buy something on your behalf, wrap it and deliver it!

If all else fails, tell us which suburb your Mum lives in and if anyone on here lives near there, I'm sure they'd be able to help. If she's in the North East, I'd be happy to be your secret shopper for you...

D

I have had a Myer Centre voucher for xmas and again wedding anniversary ordered via uk and delivered here. Can be used in most stores in the Myer Centre but not the Myer department store !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moonpig do have an Oz arm. I order my cards to go to UK via this site and pay in dollars. Moonpig then give the UK arm of the business the order and vice versa.

Oh there is Next too. They are doing free delivery at the mo i think all over Oz but you will have to go to http://www.nextdirect.com/au/en

Good luck, i have reminded my hubby of the fact it is Mothers Day on Sunday - just to be on the safe side lol

Is mothers day on a different date in Oz then (is it the same as the US maybe)? How bizarre - would have thought they would follow the UK dates for things :eek:

Are there 'National everything days' in Oz yet, like over here? Ie 'Happy Dog Day' 'Happy Step-Grandfather Day' etc etc....

Moonpig are pretty good at sending cards out asap, I send all my cards all over the world with them now, much easier (and they send me reminders by email for things) don't know if they do flowers or anything as well now or not, but a card is something :)

Surely the UK should have the US date too if we are going to all have the same one, afterall there are many more Americans than Brits?

Does anyone know of any good online sites that I can order from for Mothers Day?Not sure how I managed to forget this year(I'm in the UK Mum in Oz)Probably as I've recently had to buy pressies for my Son and then Easter!Is it too late to order anything now?Any help appreciated!xx

Does your mother like football :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Adelaide_bound
Surely the UK should have the US date too if we are going to all have the same one, after all there are many more Americans than Brits?

I meant from the point of view that Australia is Commonwealth country, and therefore would be more likely to follow British dates for things (like they do the Queen's birthday), rather than the American dates for things - its got nothing to do with # of peoples :)

Guest Adelaide_bound
Do you mean the Queen's birthday that is not celebrated in UK and that is different in different States of Aus?

Sorry if I upset you, don't really get why you are being a bit prickly towards me - I started by asking a genuine question about dates, I think you are being a bit harsh.

Guest SA Great

Yes definitely Tynte Flowers because thats who I work for!!

Guest moonraker1959

Thankyou everyone,especially Diane offering to be a secret shopper!Thats incredibly sweet of you to offer Diane,nearly cried when I read your reply!lol My Mum lives off Montacute Road near Clovercrest Shopping Centre so not too far from you!I am going to order some flowers from Tynte's,just had a look online and as a fellow poster works there,thats even better hey?I will look at Moonpig as well.I had a look last night but did'nt realise you can order cards from Australia!So thats very helpful as well.xx

Guest moonraker1959
Oh gosh, that's just up the road, am always out and about round there (usually going to Spotlight) so if in the future you need anything just shout out!

Wow small world hey?I was in that shopping centre last time I was back!I grew up around that area!Back in the 70's it was a popular choice for brits to settle.You'd hardly ever find an aussie in the Clovercrest Tavern back in its hey day!lol I went to Modbury West Primary (Wright Road)and Para Vista High!!! Thanks Diane for the offer.I should be ok now!I managed to send some flowers from Tynte's with a card!Whew!I don't know why I forgot it this year,I'm usually quite good with stuff like that.I have had a huge amount on my mind of late,but anyway I'm sure my Mum will love the flowers,so thats all that matters!xxx

Guest SA Great
Thankyou everyone,especially Diane offering to be a secret shopper!Thats incredibly sweet of you to offer Diane,nearly cried when I read your reply!lol My Mum lives off Montacute Road near Clovercrest Shopping Centre so not too far from you!I am going to order some flowers from Tynte's,just had a look online and as a fellow poster works there,thats even better hey?I will look at Moonpig as well.I had a look last night but did'nt realise you can order cards from Australia!So thats very helpful as well.xx

Tynte really do some fantastic flowers, they are hugely popular in Adelaide. 6 drivers every day doing over 200 deliveries between them, thats a lot of flowers!

Guest moonraker1959
Tynte really do some fantastic flowers, they are hugely popular in Adelaide. 6 drivers every day doing over 200 deliveries between them, thats a lot of flowers!

Wow!Popular hey?I wonder who will deliver my Mums?:cute:Bet she'll be thrilled!Can't wait to speak to her Sunday!xx Thanks for the help SA Great!

Glad you got it sorted, Moonraker. I am usually a bit up against it with UK mothers' day but I've done different things before, like Lakeland gifts mail order (they post quickly) or once I did a Tesco order on my old online account and sent her and Dad special food and stuff for the day. That was a fun one. This way round yes I'd suggest vouchers / flowers.

I *think* you'd be able to order IKEA vouchers to be posted as well because I know SIL has ordered vouchers to be delivered to herself in Adelaide.

Guest moonraker1959

Well My Mum just rang me and she is thrilled with the flowers and card.Thankyou to Tynte Flowers,great service and I will definately use them again!

Guest SA Great
Well My Mum just rang me and she is thrilled with the flowers and card.Thankyou to Tynte Flowers,great service and I will definately use them again!

Great stuff! Did you get a text to say that the flowers have been delivered? Unfortunately I didnt get to deliver them....phew what a busy weekend that was!!

Guest moonraker1959
Great stuff! Did you get a text to say that the flowers have been delivered? Unfortunately I didnt get to deliver them....phew what a busy weekend that was!!

No I did'nt get the text?Yes I can well imagine how busy you were!For anyone wanting a great florist and service,please consider Tynte's.I had a fab service!Thankyou SA Great for your help,really appreciate it!:cute:

Guest SA Great

All senders are supposed to receive a text to say that their flowers have been delivered. Naughty delivery guy obviously forgot!!

Guest Mitchell

Just a thought on flowers I always use marks and Spencer. They are cheaper than a lot of places and the flowers last ages. They do ones that smell nice too and gift sets with choccies and wine. Order online and pay by card. My mum always raves about the quality.

while we are on the subject of long distance sending, I really like www.smartgiftsolutions.co.uk

It's the only hamper company ("hamper" in the loosest sense of the word) with whom you can upload a photo and they will print a free card for you. Makes the gift more personal and very special. We received one once, from relatives in Adelaide, and I have used them every now and again ever since. Never had any probs and if you use them over a period of time you accumulate loyalty points which translate into money off later.