Car Scam or what??

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

Two exact same cars , same rego, kms etc etc, different prices different sellers, what do you reckon, we actually viewed the 2002 one in a yard this arvo, came home to research and found the same identical car

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=10567163&__Ntt=convertible

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=10322001&keywords=convertible

Stevo

I wonder if one is being sold by a car yard on commission? The more expensive price tag seems to have a three year warranty which usually only comes from a car yard and the other might be the owner selling it. The car yard one says it 2002 also whereas the other says 2003.

Guest lastboyscout

Steer clear of both (or the same) ;)

Both of them have had some serious paintwork done to them , the front drivers door doesn`t blend with the rest, possible rear end smash or the side /wing front has been repaired.... badly too by the looks of it ;)

look for something else :biglaugh:

Suspicious. Maybe the private seller was desperate to sell, couldn't find a buyer so sold it to a trader?? Or the trader bought it off them, and obviously would sell it for more.

Not necessarily dodgy, just worth asking the dealer about it first.

Are you a hair dresser? :cute:

Guest Trakki
An interesting point, watch the insurance premiums on cars over 10 years old, they skyrocket and in some cases the insurance companies won't even offer a policy.

Have to disagree with this, we have 2 cars that are 15 and 12 years old. Have never had any problem insuring them and they are both big cars, a pajero and starwagon (7 and 8 seater). My friend has a fiesta which is brand new and her insurance is far more than mine and she has the same no claims, lives in the same area, has the same parking etc etc.

Anyway about the cars, I would definitely steer clear and report it.