1st electric bill with solar

csobrien1966

That sounds great, what size system did you put in, who done it for you and did you have to change the way you used your appliances as I have been told that you have to use heavy items like dishwashers, dryers etc. at night to reap any benefits. Something to do with calculating your personal use before anything goes back into the grid.:confused:

Guest Pam777

wow thats huge! we had 14 panals installed on friday but cant use them till next week when the power box gets changed. I'm expecting to break even especially during winter and having a pool pump going for a few hrs each day.

How many panals did you get?

Guest guest4504
We have just received our 1st electric bill with our solar panels.

Our average bill previously was approx $650.

Now our 1st bill with solar $1110.20 in credit!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it:biglaugh:

I tip my hat off to you for the environmental point from it :D . It seems this is becoming more popular in Oz, is this true ?

I take it that as you are in credit you are putting more units/watts back to the energy company, would the credit you make be taxable if it just kept growing ? Would you consider putting more panels on to make more ? Nice one, the savings will no doubt help alot.

Guest fatman
We have just received our 1st electric bill with our solar panels.

Our average bill previously was approx $650.

Now our 1st bill with solar $1110.20 in credit!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it:biglaugh:

WOW!!!! thats one for our notebook for when we arrive!!!!....

SOLAR PANELS TOP OF LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Price Family (Aberdeenshire/Scotland... POURING RAIN AGAIN!!! :arghh:

I work for a national company that sells and fits solar.They have just set up our Adelaide office last week and are offering huge discounts to try and get established in Adelaide.I manage the call centre and we are currently booking appointments to go out to homes to explain how it all works and give poeple a quote.They even have an interest free payment plan in place.If anyone would be interested in looking at it just send me a pm and I will get back to you.

We got ours done by a company called Energy Matters - really pleased with how everything went: first they made an appointment for our metre to be changed over, then a couple of days later came and fitted the panels. Couldn't fault either their staff, or their workmanship. Fast and efficient. We just had the minimum panels (8 I think - I can't see them unless I go up the road!) as obviouisly the grant then works out as the largest percentage of the cost, and not had a bill in yet, but it's great looking at the little display on the metre box on a sunny day and seeing how much you're generating! Doubt if we'll make as much as you have (we'd have paid for the panels in six months if we did!) but every little helps :D

We have a 3.2kw system. It cost $11,000 6 months ago through ggg.

I had 3 phase power fitted to the house, i do not know if that

makes any difference. We only use the washing machine and dishwasher after 8pm.

I have all energy saving bulbs fitted.

We did have our tv on a lot during the day but now the oh has started working part time and the youngest is at kindy this is a big help.

Our panels on the front of the house which is north facing. A friend of

mine has some north facing and some west facing, he has the same system as i and he had $22.00 credit.

He is with origin and i am with agl.

I hope this helps with any questions or decisions.

Thanks

chris