Whinging

tina&steve

Guest Weez

yeh?? well your whinging about the whinger that is whinging about the whinger who is whinging about the whingers!!...you got a problem with that??:realmad:

Guest guest569

wait till youve been here as a few years and you see the same whinges getting brought up again and again by different whingers !!!!

Its just the whingers settling !!!!

"Put up or shut up" is the kind of attitude that helps to ensure nothing gets any better. Some of us have brought skills, knowledge and experience to Australia which are clearly needed here. Why just do things the existing Aussie way when there is a better way?

Fact, the houses aren't well insulated, fact, they don't have double glazing, fact, we would save energy and be more comfortable if they did. I know this, you know this. As long as people just label this as whinging, nothing will change, nothing will improve & everybody will still be whinging about their heating costs for years to come.

Everyone can learn something from someone

Guest guest569
"Put up or shut up" is the kind of attitude that helps to ensure nothing gets any better. Some of us have brought skills, knowledge and experience to Australia which are clearly needed here. Why just do things the existing Aussie way when there is a better way?

Fact, the houses aren't well insulated, fact, they don't have double glazing, fact, we would save energy and be more comfortable if they did. I know this, you know this. As long as people just label this as whinging, nothing will change, nothing will improve & everybody will still be whinging about their heating costs for years to come.

Everyone can learn something from someone

fact is that the houses are insulated to the standard that the person who built the house was prepared to pay for !! They have even upgraded the minimum requirement for the tight people that think that will do !! So before you buy a house check things like this out !!

Another fact is that there is double glazing here but people again are reluctant to pay for it.

Another fact is we are all poms are known all around the world for are skills ( in whinging ) this will never change !!! :biglaugh:

Guest guest569
The houses are so poorly insulated here. People have no escalator etiquette. Tv is rubbish. A pint of beer is about 163ml short. The shops aren't open 24 hours. Have you seen the price of a lettuce??!!

Sorry am I whinging?? Lol

Oh dear i feel a whinge coming on !!! Your right there is not enough beer in a pint and the tv is crap !!!!!:jimlad:

i dont anymore!!!!

FLOL!! My boss (an ozzie) came back from the supermarket the other lunchtime and had spent $15 on 6 bananas. He felt to embarrassed to refuse to pay when he found out how much they cost. We said they be trading bananas instead of gold and silver soon.

can you grow a banana tree in your garden here??? would be quite profitable!!!!!

You're not allowed to just incase you spread some disease or sumin. Anyway, the queenslanders need something to do. Although you'd think they'd stop charging so much for bananas in return for cheap building materials lol.

Guest Guest75
yea, well your whinging about whinger who is whinging about the whinger

that is whinging about the whinger who is whinging about the whingers!!...

And.................. Infinity +1 :P:p:p:p

Guest Guest75
fact is that the houses are insulated to the standard that the person who built the house was prepared to pay for !! They have even upgraded the minimum requirement for the tight people that think that will do !! So before you buy a house check things like this out !!

Another fact is that there is double glazing here but people again are reluctant to pay for it.

Another fact is we are all poms are known all around the world for are skills ( in whinging ) this will never change !!! :biglaugh:

Aye,your house is farkling boiling in summer on freezing in winter ;):P:p

Guest markmet

Hi There

Im not normally one to whinge but have to admit it is bloody cold due to the fact no double glazing or central heating. Hope to put this right if funds will ever allow at some point. Just doesnt seem right that you spend all your money buying a house then freezin your cobs off but life sucks sometimes. If you dont like it do something about it. Personally I know where I would rather be, and after getting off the phone to my mother in law a short time ago it aint the uk. She says its cold and raining and it is heading into summer there. If you are cold add on an extra layer or buy anther heater. You will be glad you did when the better weather arrives and see Adelaide in all its glory that will remind you why you came here in the first place. Grin and a bear it for now it will be worth it, and if you dont like it there is always something you can do to make it better/warmer.

Chris

Guest SA Great
Hi There

Im not normally one to whinge but have to admit it is bloody cold due to the fact no double glazing or central heating. Hope to put this right if funds will ever allow at some point. Just doesnt seem right that you spend all your money buying a house then freezin your cobs off but life sucks sometimes. If you dont like it do something about it. Personally I know where I would rather be, and after getting off the phone to my mother in law a short time ago it aint the uk. She says its cold and raining and it is heading into summer there. If you are cold add on an extra layer or buy anther heater. You will be glad you did when the better weather arrives and see Adelaide in all its glory that will remind you why you came here in the first place. Grin and a bear it for now it will be worth it, and if you dont like it there is always something you can do to make it better/warmer.

Chris

A good positive post....well done Markmet