Cheap parking in Adelaide

Guest Bada boom

Guest Bada boom

Hi,

Can anyone recommend cheap parking in or near Adelaide CBD. I'm heading for North Terrace. I've been in Adelaide for a few weeks now and previous trips driving into the CBD have been quite expensive for parking. A few minutes of walking from the parking wouldn't hurt.

Is it possible to buy a family day pass for the buses? If so can it be bought on the bus and how much are they?

Thanks!

:policeman:

Guest shella_n

Hi

I park down war memorial drive by the golf course. It's free to park and it's about a 10 minut walk for me to work from there - but if you work at the other end of the CBD it wouldn't work as you may be walking for half an hour.

If you park down war memorial drive make sure u don't get there after about 9am as you'll have no chance getting a space

Hope it helps someone:-). Otherwise there is a multiple storey at 102 currie street that only charges $12 a day

Not sure how much cheaper glenelg is but you could get the tram from there?

As I'm training in the city all week I've been advised to get to the tram stop on Goodwood Road (theres a stop near to Musgrave) as its only a couple of stops in.

or

I have also heard that you can park at the entertainment centre for a couple of $ and get a free tram to the city - but yet to confirm this one!! :)

There is 8 hour parking in Frome Rd (goes past the zoo) on the street for a couple of dollars. You could also park up at the South Tce end of the CBD and the tram is free there. Some of the UPark carparks ( council run ) have $3 parking after 4pm on weekdays. There is also free parking in close suburbs and then get the train or tram in. Family day tickets are availabkle on the weekends and public holidays. One adult ticket allows 2 children ( i think)under 15 to travel free for the day. Otherwise get multitrip tickets which allow 10 trips for just over half the cost of 10 singles.

Guest panther
Hi,

Can anyone recommend cheap parking in or near Adelaide CBD. I'm heading for North Terrace. I've been in Adelaide for a few weeks now and previous trips driving into the CBD have been quite expensive for parking. A few minutes of walking from the parking wouldn't hurt.

Is it possible to buy a family day pass for the buses? If so can it be bought on the bus and how much are they?

Thanks!

:policeman:

Hi ,

Park at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre for $2.00 per day xross the road and catch the Tram into North Terrace for Free.

Cheapest Parking in Adelaide, other wise catch public transport for $30.00 per week 10 trips very cheap i would never take my car to work in the city for the expensive parking.

Panther:jiggy:

Guest Buttons
Not sure how much cheaper glenelg is but you could get the tram from there?

As I'm training in the city all week I've been advised to get to the tram stop on Goodwood Road (theres a stop near to Musgrave) as its only a couple of stops in.

or

I have also heard that you can park at the entertainment centre for a couple of $ and get a free tram to the city - but yet to confirm this one!! :)

To be honest you will find it quicker to just carry on driving into the city and it won't cost much more. It will cost you $6 per day on the tram ($3 each way). But if you park in the UPark above the bus station on Grote Street, it will cost $10.50 all day if you are there before 8.30am and prepay. You can then stay until midnight if you so wish.

That Grote Street one is cheap! I work on Pirie Street near Pulteney Street so i've been parking at the Flinders St/Pirie Street car park for $14.00 a day. The nearer car parks are $14.50 per day. These are early bird prices!! I think the Rundle Street car park is $11.00 per day.

Guest lippy

There are 2 car parks that enter off Roper Street (between Wakefield & Flinders) both are $12 per day for early bird (one allows exit at 1pm other 3.30pm) - the free loop bus goes along Wakefield St

You didn't say if you're looking for somewhere for all day, or just occasional visits. For occasional visits (couple of hours) your best bet is the multi storey over the Central Market. If you go on a Wednesday and buy something at one of the stalls, ask the stallholder for a parking pass - I think you get two free hours. Other days it's still pretty reasonable.

In North Adelaide there is a car park underneath Outback Jacks (O'Connell St) where you can park for two hours for free, or if you look around the back streets you may be able to find street parking.

At weekends in the City, street parking where you have to get a ticket costs something like 20c.

Guest Guest5035
You didn't say if you're looking for somewhere for all day, or just occasional visits. For occasional visits (couple of hours) your best bet is the multi storey over the Central Market. If you go on a Wednesday and buy something at one of the stalls, ask the stallholder for a parking pass - I think you get two free hours. Other days it's still pretty reasonable.

In North Adelaide there is a car park underneath Outback Jacks (O'Connell St) where you can park for two hours for free, or if you look around the back streets you may be able to find street parking.

At weekends in the City, street parking where you have to get a ticket costs something like 20c.

Diane you are so "cheap":biglaugh:you know all the cheap places to park!!

Thanks for that//:D

Stevo

Guest BrianS

the carpark on rundle street (not target side) isnt too bad cost wise either. most uparks are quite good all in all.

do not ever ever go to the wilson on n.tce, i was in the city doing an installation the other week and it cost $15 for just over the hour.