Which Football Team To Support ?

minty

OK heated debate time,

Having been a life long Westham fan although i will follow from afar when we get there i am going to have to look for a second "local" team to go and watch so the big question is which football team to support in Adelaide?

You have to bare in mind im a Westham fan so its not all about the winning :)

Also would like to try out a couple of Aussie rules games so same again who and why ?

Guest BurgessFamily

adelaide utd are the only south australian team in the Hyundai a-league (which is a franchise league, so no promotion or relegation)... unless you are looking at the lower league?

In SA for aussie rules you have two codes to follow. There is AFL, SA has 2 teams The Adelaide Crows and Port Power( in strife at the mo). These teams play in the National comp. These games can be expensive to go and watch live. Then there is the SANFL which is state comp for teams. There are a couple of teams like Sturt, North Adelaide, Glenelg etc which play at suburban ovals and it is a family thing to go to the ovals, where there are often bbqs and cheap food on sale and a playground for the kids who are usually allowed on the ground at half time for a kick of the footy.

For soccer there is one state team that plays in the national comp, and lots of local suburban teams that play in the local comps.

Hubby is a Crows fan. I was over there the year Port won the Grand Final. That could have swayed me but I like the Crows. Perhaps its the colour of the strip.

I find Aussie Rules a bit baffling but do enjoy watching a game. Many fans support out of city/state teams also it seems. Just not Geelong I was told. Or was that Collingwood. Or Essendon :P

adelaide utd are the only south australian team in the Hyundai a-league (which is a franchise league, so no promotion or relegation)... unless you are looking at the lower league?

I can do lower League, im not fussed.

Would prefer a better atmosphere to glory.

Guest SA Great
If you subscibe to Foxtel when you get here,you can join me and follow the Mighty Liverpool!!!!;)

Eh eh eh eh calm down! Seriously though, Adelaide United is really the only soccer team to support if you live in Adelaide and as for the Footy....well I go for Port cos its always easy to get a ticket because their crowds are lower than the Crows, also like supporting the underdog!! Tickets for the footy and the soccer are around $26.

Having had the misfortune to attend half an AFL game at the AAMI stadium a while back, I would say it doesn't really matter who you support as it has to be the most ridiculous game on earth.

At one point there were 45 people on the pitch!!!

It just seems like a free for all- the closest thing I can can think of to it is that annual event in England, (Gloucester I think) were a huge cheese is rolled down a steep hill and hundreds of idiots chase after it and fall arse over *** every five steps....many broken bones and injuries. The AFL players seem about as bright too.

For the record, Im not too keen on proper football either!

Having had the misfortune to attend half an AFL game at the AAMI stadium a while back, I would say it doesn't really matter who you support as it has to be the most ridiculous game on earth.

It just seems like a free for all- the closest thing I can can think of to it is that annual event in England, (Gloucester I think) were a huge cheese is rolled down a steep hill and hundreds of idiots chase after it and fall arse over *** every five steps....many broken bones and injuries. The AFL players seem about as bright too.

Excellent - perfectly summed up! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest mez10
I think you can download sky matches from piratebay as long as you dont know the score its as good as watching it live.

Dont think West Ham will be on that much though.lol

Now that West Ham are in the Championship, they should be on Foxtel (Friday night & Monday Night games) These are usually the same games that are shown on Sky.

Guest Tterrier81

if u fancy havin a go at aussie rules before u get here then there is a comp in england, southampton and portsmouth both have teams, they are always on the lookout for players, even if u dont fancy playing its good to get down and watch a game, obviosly the level of skill is nowhere near what aussie is but u will be able to get the general jist of the game

Sounds great, will they let me bring my cheese through customs ? :idea:

Guest Guest5035

Soccers for xxxxxxx, "oh ref he tapped my ankle send him off", "he messed up my hair, book him", it used to be good until the drama xxxxx took over. AFL or Rugby League is the way to go. Bring on Origin 2

stevo

I know I am going to regret posting BUT whilst every one is entitled to their own view, this kind of post is so mocking it might put people off attending a game which would be sad.

I wasn't interested in footy, despite my son playing at school, until we went to a game. I never liked soccer when my son played that and I just cannot get my head around cricket, but I absolutely loved the footy. Obviously I had some idea of what was happening, which helped heaps, but the crowd atmosphere was amazing and I was a convert! So, my point is you won't know unless you try it! I enjoy the whole thing, from having a drink or a barbie before the game and the sound of the siren fills me with excitement every time. We watch it on tv, often with friends, talk about it and bag one another's teams and I even listen to it on the radio!

Ok, you might think that's sad but again...give it a go, then decide. Other people's opinions are great but they are only that, an opinion.

Oh and to me soccer looks like the Irish dancing form of footy!:P

:cute:LC

Soccers for faggots, "oh ref he tapped my ankle send him off", "he messed up my hair, book him",

Oy! Take that back this minute! Have you know my son and heir broke his arm in two places this Saturday playing the World Game (he did save the goal though - and yes, he was the goalie so he was allowed to touch the ball with his hands!)

That's what footie is missing - goalies!

Soccers for faggots, "oh ref he tapped my ankle send him off", "he messed up my hair, book him", it used to be good until the drama queens took over. AFL or Rugby League is the way to go. Bring on Origin 2

stevo

Stevo,

I cant take football advice from a man who has a picture of a cuddly animal for his avitar :nah:

Hair products advise yes, footy advice no ;)