The Whinging Season.

sueoc

It has to be said it is dead noticeable how Whingeing and whining becomes a regular trait on here during the Winter months!Everyone seems to be at it(including myself)In the Summer there is little to grouch about,as it really is Heaven here.Poms are definately affected by the weather IMO.;)

Guest Guest75
It has to be said it is dead noticeable how Whingeing and whining becomes a regular trait on here during the Winter months!Everyone seems to be at it(including myself)In the Summer there is little to grouch about,as it really is Heaven here.Poms are definately affected by the weather IMO.;)

Why are we so blooming cold then!! What a very low temp start to winter!!:biglaugh:

Always the same - in every forum ;)

Guest moonraker1959

Why not just embrace the season for what it is.You can't change it(unless you head off oversea's for a holiday)so pointless to keep wishing it was summer or whatever.I personally love winter.A pot of soup on the stove,cosy house,getting rugged up,hot chocolate ect.

Why not just embrace the season for what it is.You can't change it(unless you head off oversea's for a holiday)so pointless to keep wishing it was summer or whatever.I personally love winter.A pot of soup on the stove,cosy house,getting rugged up,hot chocolate ect.

Yeh but what about the crap weather!:D

Guest moonraker1959
Yeh but what about the crap weather!:D

:biglaugh:yeah but did'nt someone once say "There's no such thing as bad weather,just bad clothing!?:cute:Come on Sueoc,embrace!!!!!!

It's great outside just freezing indoors!

I agree the house is bloody freezing kids are so cold it's untrue we have to warm clothes and beds up before they get in. It hurts when they are so cold and really feeling it...

I used to love winter in the UK to a degree as it was always warm inside... here it's usually warmer outside. (we are only renting but our own house has to have heating, insulation and double glazing along with a money tree)

I hate whinging about it but everyone does..

A pot of soup on the stove,cosy house,getting rugged up,hot chocolate ect.

I'm guessing your house is one of the few cosy ones in Adelaide then...

Lack of cosy house was what made me complain last year, it's hard to be positive when you only feel your toes for two minutes a day in the shower.

However, you'll all be pleased to hear that my new place is WARM!!! As in you step inside the front door and the inside is warmer than the outside :) Puts a smile on my face every time. No more whinging from me this year :)

Guest jordanfamily
I agree the house is bloody freezing kids are so cold it's untrue we have to warm clothes and beds up before they get in. It hurts when they are so cold and really feeling it...

I used to love winter in the UK to a degree as it was always warm inside... here it's usually warmer outside. (we are only renting but our own house has to have heating, insulation and double glazing along with a money tree)

Jordan family -arrived 14/10/10

We never thought bout heating when we rented back in November .....how daft were we. Tiled floor, rubbish windows and wood build all mean I open the doors to warm the house up when it sunny . Both girls have chest infections and house so damp. Can't wait to move on in November a lot wiser hahaha. Looking for calor gas heater to get us through winter . Still love it here though

Guest guest3462

Lol! Carys asked me to iron her school uniform this morning so it would be warm when she put it on!! I told her to toughen up and that the snot from our noses would be frozen in winter when i was a kid so shes lucky! Her face was a pure picture.

Guest jordanfamily
Lol! Carys asked me to iron her school uniform this morning so it would be warm when she put it on!! I told her to toughen up and that the snot from our noses would be frozen in winter when i was a kid so shes lucky! Her face was a pure picture.

We did have it tough , do you remember Jack Frost on inside of windows and I also recall one winter our toilet water froze ...and it was inside loo not outside loo!! Central heating made us soft. lol

We did have it tough , do you remember Jack Frost on inside of windows and I also recall one winter our toilet water froze ...and it was inside loo not outside loo!! Central heating made us soft. lol

Yeah true but I would give anything for central heating, or at least any form of heating...:sad:

I dnt seem to feel the cold that much on our house i can sit there in thin jama pants and a t shirt whilst the mrs and daughter sit there...all rugged up....its a man thing My dad god bless his soul was same as me mum would be all cold and dad just woudltn feel it at all.

Mrs put the heating on the other night i ended up sitting there in shorts with no shirt on...not a good sight might i add...lol

poeple need to

HTFU

HG

Guest jordanfamily
Yeah true but I would give anything for central heating, or at least any form of heating...:sad:

ooh yes and they joy of walking into a warm house not the joy of walking outside to get warm. I am going to check out LPG mobile heaters but I reckon I would need a big bonfire to actually heat this house properly