Nutbush City Limits vs The Gay Gordon

Guest Woody and Jane

Guest Woody and Jane

I had the pleasure of attending a function at a local social club at the weekend which had a DJ. When the DJ played Nutbush City Limits by Tina Turner about 20 or so women flocked to the dance (any men present soon left), formed about three or four lines and started line dancing. Each and every one of them knowing the same steps.

Being a stranger in a strange land I had to question as to why and apparently in school they were made to do it PE. I guess it beats being made to do country dancing to such hip and groovy classics as The Gay Gordon and The Dashing White Sergeant during winter.

I doubt I could remember the moves now but who knows. I wonder if they have them on iTunes?

Woody.

Guest MrsHills

OMG!! I have just watched the youtube (Leicesterlad) and it looks JUST like the Slosh which I used to do at Pontins many many many years ago!!!

OMG!! I have just watched the youtube (Leicesterlad) and it looks JUST like the Slosh which I used to do at Pontins many many many years ago!!!

LOL Were you a Redcoat??!!

What does one do with one's arms whilst one's feet are doing that stuff then??

Guest MrsHills

Nope not a Redcoat, just a young girlie who LOVED the Redcoats and wanted to be one/marry one when I was old enough!!! (Glad I didnt though, I dont think they get ANY points for Visas!!!)