Guest ozarsenal

Guest ozarsenal

What are your favourite beers?

I am looking into opening a restaurant / wine bar in Aldinga and would like to stock 3 or 4 beers that are popular with poms. I've been here 40 years and came out when I was 3, so need advice from those of you recently arrived!

So far I have had requested Stella (I know its Belgian), Newcy Brown and Boddingtons.

I guess Guinness is a must and Kilkenny seems popular. What else should I consider?

Guest ozarsenal

Coopers Pale is a must in any drinking establishment in SA. Would probably have Becks, Heineken and Corona anyway, but thanks for the advice!

changing your avitar, can't see you get many tottenham fans in there:D

stevo

Ain't that the truth, that's one bar that we won't be visiting. Will you have a cabinet in your bar with replicas of all the trophies that Arsenal have won since 2005 ?

Guest Bodie

Agreed. I'd also add Squires Sundown Lager. Great in a bottle beautiful on draught. So far the Pump in Aldgate has it...worth a trip chaps.

Guest Guest75
Too many lagers:( I'd like to see something like Old Peculiar, Youngs Special, Abbot Ale or, just to put one out there, Tanglefoot but shipping them in would be an issue so how about Fat Yak instead? Imperial pints of course

I'm a Fat Yak follower..starts as a Squire beer and finishes like Cooper's Pale I reckon :cute:

Hi,

Will you be serving Cider?? Or will i be the only one who likes that tipple?- I buy a pint of cold strongbow or thatchers old oak brewed from a good bar?

all the best with that, usually as long as its very cold and not flat it will be the answer

Cheers

Guest ozarsenal
Ain't that the truth, that's one bar that we won't be visiting. Will you have a cabinet in your bar with replicas of all the trophies that Arsenal have won since 2005 ?

Yeah - I'll put it alongside the premier leagues you've won in the last 50 years;)

But seriously, everyone will be welcome. I have quite a few Spurs supporting mates. The rivalry here is more like Aussie Rules - a bit of friendly ribbing and a good laugh at the losing team, but none of the nasty stuff that you get in the UK.

We may even look at getting foxtel and holding meets if it gets busy enough.

Guest ozarsenal
Hi,

Will you be serving Cider?? Or will i be the only one who likes that tipple?- I buy a pint of cold strongbow or thatchers old oak brewed from a good bar?

all the best with that, usually as long as its very cold and not flat it will be the answer

Cheers

Yes will definitely have cider!