Does anyone use 'Spreets'?

Guest D&L

Hi all

Just as the title says really, but does anyone have any experience of using Spreets? I've seen some good deals on there that would be advantageous to us ($8 cinema tickets), but not sure to trust them.

I've also heard of Scoopon, but again, don't know whether they are any good (restaurant experiences on here seem to be mixed).

Any opinions greatly appreciated!

Lynds

Yes, use Spreets, Jump On it, Scoopon, Living Social, and Our Deal! All so far have been above board, although some vouchers have proved a disappintment (namely Daniels Restaurant in the City!)

I use them mainly for meals out, have had some great ones at Outback Jacks, Botanic Cafe, Espana Restaurant, Bull & Bear, Duke of Wellington, and going to Jam Restaurant tonight.

If you google "all the daily deals Adelaide" you get a page listing everything on offer for the day, then you can sign up for any you fancy. I'm pretty strict about checking emails every day, but can imagine if you only occasionally check you could find your in-box gets pretty clogged up.

The main thing to remember is to be really careful about expiry dates. I did get some cinema tickets a while ago - I think from Jump On It, but they had quite a short expiry date on them and ran out before I could use them - so I'd spent $40 and got nothing in return!! Learn from my mistakes.... I now keep a spreadsheet showing any vouchers I have bought, what they entitle me to, and their expiry date so that I can ensure they get used.

I think a lot of places that participate rely on the fact that at least 20% of people will buy the vouchers and not redeem them, so make sure you are not one of those people!!

Thanks very much for your comprehensive reply, and other site reccommendations, Diane! I'll have a look at the other sites you use.

I'm usually pretty good about the vouchers....although have missed out once or twice like yourself. If you're interested, the cinema tickets I mentioned above have a year on them. I think I'll go ahead and get enough for a couple of trips as I was surprised to get charged $40 to see Thor 3D the other week (although Thor 'himself' was worth it ;))!

I used moneysavingexpert.com (a lot!) in the UK, and they do a weekly 'best deals' email, and update the site daily with sales and vouchers. It's a shame there's nothing like that here. I do love a bargain! Oh well, it's a learning curve, as always.

Thanks again :)

Lynds

Guest MrsHills

Hmm I had a bit of a problem, bought a tanning cvoucher for 3 tans, company has gone bust/out of business, had one tan but still got two left. They reckon they will try and 'work something out' but who knows!!!

Thanks, MrsHills - I did wonder about some places just being crap/dodgy, but hadn't thought of them going bust. I'd like to get my hair done, and saw today's deal, but researched the salon and was glad I did (no website?). I guess there's only so much one can do to protect ones self, and there's still going to be a risk of it going wrong. I also fancied the 'bargain slimming' or whatever it was, but figured that would definately need to be something requiring substantial research!