Poms Golf Social in Spring - Heads Up

coolerking

Ok folks,

I mentioned this last year and with work commitments did nothing about it, sorry. Now, I have decided to go for it!

I am thinking of late September or early October possible at Mount Compass Golf Club. The reason for there is that it is a reasonably course with lovely views and loads of Roos :D. Also, it is very quiet so that would make it easier to play if there is a large group.

I may have sorted some sponsorship but any offers will be welcome. The format will have to be decided, but maybe a team based to iron out suspicious handicaps ;) Any golfers with good club handicaps may have to be generous. We'd still have longest drive and nearest the pin etc.

The emphasis would be on enjoyment first and competitive element second.

Cooler

Guest Jen & Did

We both will be up for that even though I've only played 4 times so far. A little bit of notice would be appreciated to book the day off.

Thanks

Jen

We both will be up for that even though I've only played 4 times so far. A little bit of notice would be appreciated to book the day off.

Thanks

Jen

That's great, all welcome. Yes, I am going to arrange that soon. I have a contact that seems to get very good rates there so they may get us a good deal. I am thinking that Friday seems a good day for many.

Mrs Cooler will be playing, ladies are welcome :notworthy:

Cooler

Guest titanboy

Hi cooler

I would be up for that,we arrive in Adelaide on 16th July and our furniture/golf clubs should arrive September so it might cut it fine.

Maybe I could borrow a set if mine has not arrived.

I'm not a great golfer but love to play and enjoy good company, who cares who wins just enjoy the day.

Cheers

Stu

Hi cooler

I would be up for that,we arrive in Adelaide on 16th July and our furniture/golf clubs should arrive September so it might cut it fine.

Maybe I could borrow a set if mine has not arrived.

I'm not a great golfer but love to play and enjoy good company, who cares who wins just enjoy the day.

Cheers

Stu

I am sure that something could be sorted. Have you shipped your clubs? You can bring them on the plane for nothing.

Cheers,

Cooler

Guest titanboy

Hi Cooler

I have not shipped them yet,never thought about bringing them with us but with double bagagge allowance and my tools maybe it would be to much to carry.

Will look into it

Maybe ship the tools ha ha

cheers

stu

Hi Cooler

I have not shipped them yet,never thought about bringing them with us but with double bagagge allowance and my tools maybe it would be to much to carry.

Will look into it

Maybe ship the tools ha ha

cheers

stu

Hey, we had four kids and two golf bags, a buggy, a travel bag and all our luggage - you will be able to do, just make sure it's really clean. If you have golf shoes, take the cleats out and clean inside the threads.

Cheers,

Cooler

Guest sturg

Hey Cooler,

There are a few of us that met on PIA last year that play every weekend (low to high handicappers) and would be interested in the golf day. Let me know once you have some more details.

Cheers

Paul

Hey Cooler,

There are a few of us that met on PIA last year that play every weekend (low to high handicappers) and would be interested in the golf day. Let me know once you have some more details.

Cheers

Paul

That's great Paul.

If there's not that many, it will be a bit lower key but I am intent on going ahead.

Thanks for your reply,

Cooler

Guest cornish Busdriver

I went on a driving range once near abergavenny but broke to many clubs and how the he'll do you get the ball to go forward.

Everytime I wacked it, it went straight up and behind me.

Andy has just said is there a prize for the most lost balls too??

He gets a special golf ball.

A guy is standing in front of his locker at the country club admiring a golf ball he has in his hand.

One of his golfing mates remarks: "What'd you do, get some new golf balls?"

"Would you believe that this is the greatest golf ball ever made? You can't lose it. You hit it into the rough, it whistles. You hit it into the woods and a bell inside goes off. If you drive it into a lake, a big burst of steam shoots up six feet in the air for two minutes."

"That's great. Where did you get it?"

He replied, "I found it."

:biglaugh:

All welcome, I am sure that most people don't have proper handicaps. We will sort something out dependent on how many have handicaps etc. The main thing is to have a bit of fun. I will point out that the last time I played, I said I'd never play again:arghh: That's golf :goofy:

Cheers,

Cooler

I will be giving a date very soon. Numbers are starting to look good and two maybe coming interstate! I am also going to see what deal we can get for buggies and driving range etc.

Well done to Jen (Jen & Did) who got her first par recently after only just taking up golf :notworthy:

Cooler