| || |
its definately a buyers market out there at the moment we have had ours on for approx 6 weeks had lots of viewers and positive feedback however we are competing with two other properties of similar style we have just dropped our price yesterday and had viewers again tonight we are giving two more weeks at this price then we are going to let it out so we can sort outr head out on other things we will get good renta l price on property and rentals in my area in particular are going very quickly. we dont need the money from the house straight away so not a problem for us but would much rather sell so got no hassle back in the uk.so two weeks to go lets wait and see what happens... good luck everyone in the same position . keep smiling we will get there. eventually :-)
We need the house to sell to fund the move.. especially if you need $40,000 in the bank on arrival!!! will anybody else have these funds available or going to chance it??
Well we had our first viewer on Friday night and they called the agent to say they would be making an offer on Mon/Tues for the full asking price!! (below what we paid back in 2007 but it could be worse I suppose). The other thing is they want to buy the whole house including all our furniture!! I never expected that! We were planning on bringing everything with us as I know it is more expensive to buy everything again over there and I don't suppose they will offer alot for the furniture anyway.
We also had another viewer today (I know you wait for ages for one viewer and 2 come along at once....just like buses!!) anyway they want to buy the house too!!
So it looks like we may get to come over as planned in Aug/Sep after all. The agent and hubby are still being cautious though and are waiting to see the offer in black and white before doing any back flips!!
Will let you know how we get on!!
Good Luck to everyone - things are definately starting to move again in the housing market in Scotland!
Congratulations to you too!! - Hope everything goes well. ;)
We are heading to Aberfoyle Park to start with - staying with friends till we find a rental in that area or surrounding. Can't wait now! We haven't booked flights yet we will need to wait and see what the entry date is etc. before we finalise our plans! :D
Brilliant news - we've had 7 viewings in a month and nothing for over a week now. Have just dropped the price again so fingers crossed!
We hope to settle around Aberfoyle Park/Flagstaff Hill area or nearer Blackwood if we can afford it.
Jane and Clive
CPV 143 - Feb 2010 Acknowledged 3rd May 2010, VISA GRANTED 3rd June, 2011, Arrived 5th October Moved to new house 18th November 2011, 2014 Living the dream!