Anybody selling their house???

Guest Guest6899

Guest Guest6899

Hi all, i was wondering if people are managing to sell their house?? Ours has been on the market for 2 months, we now have 2 agents but no viewings :sad::sad:. Its not a bad house 3 bed semi in a nice area well kept. Our agents state that market has just stopped!! How do you get people through the door without reducing to a silly price.. Cant really afford to drop too much due to rubbish exchange rate and us being mature of age, not having the years left for a large mortgage in Oz. With hindsight we should have put on earlier but we were never gteed a visa due to medical issues so wanted to wait.

Anybody else in a simular situation??

Lisa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teamV

We have not tried to sell our house as yet ,but there are 3 on our road for sale already, which have been for sale for ages,I don't think thats a good sign.:sad:

Kev.

Hi all, i was wondering if people are managing to sell their house?? Ours has been on the market for 2 months, we now have 2 agents but no viewings . Its not a bad house 3 bed semi in a nice area well kept. Our agents state that market has just stopped!! How do you get people through the door without reducing to a silly price.. Cant really afford to drop too much due to rubbish exchange rate and us being mature of age, not having the years left for a large mortgage in Oz. With hindsight we should have put on earlier but we were never gteed a visa due to medical issues so wanted to wait.

Lisa

We're in the same boat - but have a nice 3 bed semi near Epsom Downs. We have had some viewings (5) since we put it on the market a month ago but no serious interest. :sad:We will have to live on pensions when we get to Australia so, like you, want to get a reasonable amount to make up for the aweful exchange rate. We are in our 60s so a mortgage is out of the question!

Good luck to you and hope we both (and any others in the same boat) find buyers soon. - Hopefully cash buyers who want to exchange in the minimum time!!!!!:biglaugh: - well, I can dream can't I?:daydreaming:

Guest jaxndel

Good luck with your house. We have had ours on the market for 14 months now and have gone through numerous estate agents. We have had no end of people coming to look at the house and although the majority love it we haven't had any offers (except one last year when they pulled out 2 weeks later). I think things are slowly moving with the property market now. Good luck. I am sure it will happen soon.

Guest Rachael Reeve

I know how you all feel, We have been up for sale since Nov and only one viewing in that time. When you have got your visa you just want to go!

Hi all, i was wondering if people are managing to sell their house?? Ours has been on the market for 2 months, we now have 2 agents but no viewings :sad::sad:. Its not a bad house 3 bed semi in a nice area well kept. Our agents state that market has just stopped!! How do you get people through the door without reducing to a silly price.. Cant really afford to drop too much due to rubbish exchange rate and us being mature of age, not having the years left for a large mortgage in Oz. With hindsight we should have put on earlier but we were never gteed a visa due to medical issues so wanted to wait.

Lisa

We have a house for sale its a brand new one we built to sell,been for sale about 2 months . I know it is a bit difficult when you live in it but we have been having open days saturday and sunday 12 till 4 and had loads of viewings and lots of interest,ask your agent to put opening hours on rightmove.

good luck Jim

Guest dean berridge

Ahh doesn't sound good we've will have two houses to sell before we move (hoping visa is granted) as my mother-in-law is moving aswell, although agents coming around ours weekend to give valuation we have only just lodged our 176 so there is hopefully awhile before we need to start to panic:arghh: Luckily if the house does sell my dad will move out of his and move in with his partner, But how expensive is it to store your stuff! I could rent a small house for the same price.:goofy:

Anyway good luck to everyone.

Dean

We had to reduce our house more than we wanted to, to sell it. We originally had a few through the door, we thought thats really good then we had none for two further weeks, we contacted the estate agents and they just tell you that we were lucky to have people through the door even though they were not serious buyers. we got feed back positive ,nobody disliked the house however there was always something there was something-such as oh its not for them- Very frustrating to say the least,. You just dont know what to think do you? We decided to reduce the price of the house after not having any more interest. We agreed before the house went on the market what we would accept however we went slightly below this just to get rid.

Finally we had a lets say an intresting viewing and finally after waiting a futher week the person got back in touch and the offer was agreed.

We are still waiting for the next step so this is again out of our hands-home survey/serches etc..

I can sympatheise with everyone who is going through this proccess as you have been through enough emotional stress/pressure/excitement already with the whole visa saga.

We even looked at those companies who offer not very much at all-desprate needs and all that.

Its hard staying positive when times are very hard and you get down.

I hope things look up for you all who are still waiting to get the offers, fingers crossed for you all

all the best

Guest owenker4

Seems we are all the that same boat sailing very slowly down that river !! We have had ours on the market for 5 weeks, we had 1 offer within 2 weeks but it was too low. We had another 2 viewings from same couple and they told us Saturday they were going to put an offer in that we agreed to, they gave the impression that abs loved it and her parting words were I am really excited and can't wait to move in !!!! THEN today we have had a call from the estate agents to say they have gone for a smaller property up the road 10k cheaper than ours !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it - I realise reading other stories it is early days yet for us because only 5 weeks, but still cant help feeling really disappointed about being let down and can't help thinking in the back of my head it won't sell. But got to keep feeling positive because this is our last hurdle to get over before we can make our big move !!! Good luck to all who are in the same position :)

Guest Guest6899

Thank you all for your interesting and varied posts it seems that we are not alone.. I had a text earlier since starting this thread from our second agent who want to come and take more photos and "remarket" Estate agent speak?? well it cant do any harm. We have decided to give it until we come back from holls in Aug then maybe reduce a little!! Were back in limbo land with Ethan probally having to go to secondary school and Adam doing 6th form when he wont finish it. When ideally they could just start a fresh in Oz...

Oh why cant life be easy!!

Sorry for the moan folks, must be the hormones :-((

Lisa

Guest sunnydays

Hi

We are in the same boat - house on market for 3 weeks (2 marketable weeks according to agent!) but not one viewing. 2 other houses on street up for sale too although they are different in appearance and smaller. We have already got it on at a good bit lower than what we paid at the height of the market 3 years ago and are reluctanct to reduce it by much more. We will look at renting it out if it doesn't sell soon. Although I am not keen on doing this as everything states house prices are to fall further so when we would eventually sell it we could lose more!:sad:

The problem is gettting people throught the door, apparently there are buyers out there but they can't get mortgages! It is just a vicious circle. :arghh:

The agent keeps saying it only takes one.....well please can I have ONE!!

Guest guest7008

Hi, we been on market since Beginning March, a few viewings but no offers, up with 2 agents, no joy tho!! Not worrying too much at mo...got our meds on Friday then once we have our visa we will prob reduce price to sell quickly! Not good tho as the more we reduce it the less we have to take with us!!!

Guest Guest6899
Had my house in York on the market for less than two weeks and today accepted an offer for it. Having said that, it's only a 2 bed terraced 'in need of some modernisation', so at the lower end of the market. But i'm well happy :-))

Congrats to you, Fingers crossed we all wont have to wait too long....

Congrats to you, Fingers crossed we all wont have to wait too long....

Looks like there are quite a few of us - :idea:perhaps we need a 'tracker' showing date put on the market, number of viewings etc.......:biglaugh:

Really appreciated the one at 'Gainwave' for those of us on CPVs. As the process was around 2 years it was encouraging to see movement occasionally.:daydreaming:

Hang in there - we'll all get there soon I'm sure.;)

We're in an expensive part of the South East and 1st time buyers or young families can't afford or get mortgages easily for even a 3 bed semi like ours!

Lisa

HI yes we are in the same boat. had our house on market since january. had 4 viewers had an offer week aft we put it on but offer to low. we have sacked our old agents of today and are trying another agents. its very frustrating as we are in exactly same position as you.

Thank you all for your interesting and varied posts it seems that we are not alone.. I had a text earlier since starting this thread from our second agent who want to come and take more photos and "remarket" Estate agent speak?? well it cant do any harm. We have decided to give it until we come back from holls in Aug then maybe reduce a little!! Were back in limbo land with Ethan probally having to go to secondary school and Adam doing 6th form when he wont finish it. When ideally they could just start a fresh in Oz...

Oh why cant life be easy!!

Sorry for the moan folks, must be the hormones :-((

Lisa

Not just the hormones - its understandable.:goofy: Feel free to have a good maon if it helps! :realmad:Having got through the Visa process with all its ups and downs I forgot how stressful the housing scene was! We've been in our house for over 35 years so its a long time since we did any moving! Its just as stressful when your hormones stop working:biglaugh:

I guess we just got really luck. Got the full asking price really quickly but was expecting a long wait.

Really feel for you guys that cant sell. Once we have the visas we just want to go and to be further delayed at the last major hurdle must be heart breaking.

Hope those of you waiting get a buyer soon.

I guess we just got really luck. Got the full asking price really quickly but was expecting a long wait.

Really feel for you guys that cant sell. Once we have the visas we just want to go and to be further delayed at the last major hurdle must be heart breaking.

Hope those of you waiting get a buyer soon.

we will be coming in September if the house is sold or not ,it just makes it more complicated !!:arghh:

Guest cyprus2001

Lisa

its definately a buyers market out there at the moment we have had ours on for approx 6 weeks had lots of viewers and positive feedback however we are competing with two other properties of similar style we have just dropped our price yesterday and had viewers again tonight we are giving two more weeks at this price then we are going to let it out so we can sort outr head out on other things we will get good renta l price on property and rentals in my area in particular are going very quickly. we dont need the money from the house straight away so not a problem for us but would much rather sell so got no hassle back in the uk.so two weeks to go lets wait and see what happens... good luck everyone in the same position . keep smiling we will get there. eventually :-)

Guest Guest6899

We need the house to sell to fund the move.. especially if you need $40,000 in the bank on arrival!!! will anybody else have these funds available or going to chance it??

Guest Guest6899
Looks like there are quite a few of us - :idea:perhaps we need a 'tracker' showing date put on the market, number of viewings etc.......:biglaugh:

Really appreciated the one at 'Gainwave' for those of us on CPVs. As the process was around 2 years it was encouraging to see movement occasionally.:daydreaming:

Hang in there - we'll all get there soon I'm sure.;)

We're in an expensive part of the South East and 1st time buyers or young families can't afford or get mortgages easily for even a 3 bed semi like ours!

Yes thread would be good you going to volunteer, lol.. whats a CPV??