Citizenship Test

Guest BJF

Just wanted to say I sat the test today and PASSED. a.gif

I only got 2 questions wrong but unforunately they don't tell you which, just which topic. Pass mark is 60%.

Topic.... A story of Australia

Score... 3/5

Topic.... Australian Values

Score... 3/3

Topic.... Governing the Country

Score... 5/5

Topic.... Our Land, Our Nation

Score... 4/4

Topic.... Responsibilities and Privieges of Citizenship

Score... 3/3

Rob I didn' do any research really apart from the various online examples.

The beauty of doing the test in Adelaide is they have the only walk in test centre, I decided to take the plunge at lunch time today, went to the city, found the building and sat the test.

You can retake the test as many times as you need until you pass, I asked the guy what happened if I failed he said "then you go right back in the test room and take it again" So if you're worried you might fail it just arrive early so you can fit it in as many times as possible. There are 20 questions and you get 45 mins to do it, I finished in about 10 mins as did everyone else there.

Thanks for the well wishes and congrats guys, I'm really proud and amazed that I passed this test.

Yesterday (Friday) after finally getting together everything needed, (can't send original documents so I needed to get them all photocopied and each photocopy certified as being a true copy of the originals), I put everything in an A4 envelope and went back into Adelaide to lodge my application, the woman on the desk I handed my paperwork to asked if I had a case officer yet? I said no as I was only just lodging my paperwork, she said if I had time to hang around a while I could join the queue and be allocated a case officer that day.

Well I hadn't nothing else to do so decided I'd wait around. After about 45 mins I was allocated a case officer who went through my paperwork, documents and application, he also logged my name into the online police check records site/department and then said to me "Congratulations, your application has being successful, you are now an Australian citizen, you just need to wait for a ceremony to be available in your council (Port Adelaide and Enfield), you should get a letter within 2 to 3 weeks telling you where and when the official ceremony will take place. This doesn't mean the ceremony will be in a few weeks, your council may not have a ceremony planned for a few months"

So now I just have to play the waiting game, by using the only walk in dpeartment of immigration and citizenship I've saved about 3 months worth of waiting time. Fingers crossed the ceremony is well before my visit home in June and I have enough time to get an aussie passport soted out.