BBC I Player

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

Want to watch a programme on BBC 2, but the BBC I Player says it not available in our region, does anybody know if theres a way round it??

Stevo

Guest Guest75

I'm sure Matt will tell you how.

If not - you have to get a proxy IP or something??

IPlayer does not recognise IP addresses outside of the UK.:cute:

Guest westie1972

I use AD Telly, it costs £5.50 a month or you can pay 6 monthly or yearly (£60). I find it really good, the only problem I have with it is I can not watch any Channel 4 or 5 programmes.

Guest Crushfamily

Is there any secret to Expat Shieldas I gave it to my Dad to try (he is in Spain) with a view to seeing how it works and he cannot get i player?? Thanks (He does have an Apple PC though)

Is it really illegal to have a proxy IP address? I had no idea :sad: Anyway, I'm almost positive that iPlayer will be available worldwide by the end of the year, sure I read it on the BBC website a while back. I seem to remember we'll have to pay for it though, have a vague idea it was about 70GBP a year.

i also have heard this £70 for unlimited access to all bbc output would be great value i will sign up defo...an untaped market for bbc as people are watching anyway!!!

The iPlayer will be for some programmes, and I thought mainly archived stuff.

Most content will not be available, if it was, ABC may as well close down it's TV arm.

Sport will definitely not be available (MOTD for example). The 70gbp will be basically for downloading stuff that you can buy on DVD anyway.

Also remember once you have sgned up as an overseas user, you will not be able to use your proxy for downloadng, the iPlayer client itself will know who you are.

As for Proxys, they are not illegal, but buying a gun isn't either...it's what you do with it that can be.

When the promised clamp down on illegal downloads happens, don't say you weren't warned!

I can quite understand why the BBC might want to cut down on people using illegal means to access their programmes - after all, everyone in the UK is supposed to pay for a license fee aren't they, and surely that is the very reason that they do not make their full range of TV and radio programmes available overseas to people who do not pay this.

It's like everything though, in that you decide for yourself how much of a risk you want to take. I am sure lots of people have "illegally" downloaded either movies or music, but they have decided that the risk of getting caught doesn't outweigh the benefits to them.

Obviously though, on what is effectively an openly viewable forum, it would be foolish to blatantly advocate the use of anything illegal!

I am sure that is what you meant by your comment on the previous page, Mydearboy, and is actually the very same point that Adelaidenow is making above, so you can both drop your hackles as you actually both agree (on something!!)