I'm heading to Shepherds Bush this weekend to see....

Guest moonraker1959

Guest moonraker1959

Jimmy Barnes!:)He's playing at the Empire and I am very excited!!!! I grew up listening to Cold Chisel who Jimmy Barnes used to front,so have followed him for literally years!And whats even better is there is a "Walkabout"pub right next door!:goofy:Think I might be nursing a hangover Sunday!lol I am really looking forward to meeting some other aussies,it'll be good to have a good yack,and hear some familiar accents!

Guest moonraker1959

Yeah so I read on the JB's website!I just love CC,brings back so many happy memories of my younger days when I was single and carefree!:biglaugh:My OH probably won't see me all night,I'll be too busy mingling lol Apparently the Walkabout is open until 2am!God help me!:goofy:

Guest moonraker1959

I'm also heading for the aussie food shop to buy my kids some goodies they used to eat when they were younger.Will cost me an arm and a leg of course!:goofy:

Guest moonraker1959

Well we're back home now recovering!:biglaugh:Actually I don't have a hangover which is surprising as I was drinking like a fish!lol We had the most brilliant night!Don't think I've ever heard so many aussie accents in one place since I was back in Adelaide!I've got a strong aussie accent myself,so people naturally assume I'm a born and bred!We started off next door at Walkabout,met some real nice people,and it was nice to talk to people about stuff I can't discuss with fellow poms(to do with Australia).The gig was fantastic.Jimmy belted out alot of his hits,threw in a couple of his new songs.My personal highlight was meeting Jimmy after the gig.Everyone was leaving the venue,and I noticed an alleyway with what looked like a stage door.My OH told me not to bother,we would'nt have a chance.He should know me better.I've met a few famous people!:cute:Anyway I knocked on the door,this large female security guard answered.I asked her if we could meet Jimmy,she at first said no.I told her I was from Adelaide ect,she caved (lol)and asked me to write him a note,which I did.10 minutes later we met him!Wooooo hoooo lol We did have an excellent time,really love going to London,but cold never live there.Way too busy for us,and it was nice to leave and come back to the peace and quiet of the countryside.

Guest andyboy66

Off to see Jimmy in Glasgow tonight, can't wait!!

About 4 years since we last saw him, and we love his album Rage and Ruin.

Lookin forward to a rockin show, go on Jimmy boy!!

Guest moonraker1959

Wow,hope you have a fantastic time!Sure you will.It was fab to see him live after all these years of following his music from his early days with CC.Please let me know how it went!xx

Guest andyboy66

Great gig!!

Jimmy was on top form, can't wait to get my hearing back!

Highlights for me were khe sanh and resurrection shuffle.

Great to see his Wife and daughter on backing vocals and his son on drums.

Fantastic night, great, great man.

Hope the next time I see him is in Oz.

Cheers!:notworthy:

Guest moonraker1959

He's hardly known in this country,but ask anyone in Australia,and most would say they know his music.Resurrection Shuffle is a great song!!At Sheps Bush he played mostly old stuff with a couple of new songs thrown in.Driving Wheels,Khe Sahn,Die to be with you,Good Times,Working Class Man,and many more great songs.Someone on a forum mentioned how can Jimmy be singing about a working class man when he obviously is'nt one himself.He grew up in Elizabeth which is definately a working class suburb,thats good enough for me!:cute:Glad you had a great time.I think if you do manage a gig in Adelaide,you'll notice a difference in the crowd.People let loose more and really let their hair down.We were up on a balcony and the couple next to us(we were standing)were going crazy,as we were!