1 way flight uk to Adelaide

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest75
Whats the best place/website to book a 1 way flight UK to Adelaide, in the UK.

Stevo

Not cheap. Someone I know booked a flight via Virgin /Emirates for $1700 the other day with The Flight Centre.

Guest snowy10

We booked out flights for validatoin trip through Opodo.

http://www.opodo.co.uk/opodo/HomeServlet?locale=en_GB

They were by far the cheapest way for us at the time of booking, better than going direct. We ended up booking with Quantas on the Opodo website ( I figure a 24hr flight is going to be hell whoever you travel with especially with a 2 year old in tow!!).

Just looked on Quantas website and the flights we booked work out £1200 more expensive now than when we booked them.

Guest karyn1

We booked with Singapore Airlines, £2600 for 2 adults and 2 children from Edinburgh to Adelaide. That was the best price we could find after looking for weeks.

Guest jlr248

I heard that if you were emigrating some airlines offered discounted deals and additional baggage allowance. Does anyone know anything about this?

Guest Maria Day
I heard that if you were emigrating some airlines offered discounted deals and additional baggage allowance. Does anyone know anything about this?

Hi,

Booked Singapore Airlines on a one way flight family of 4 through Dial a Flight and they managed to give us 40k each on luggage allowance. You need to mention that you are migrating and request for higher luggage allowance otherwise they will not offer it. Best of luck!!

Maria how much did you pay for your flights if you dont mind me asking .I booked with dial a flight and it was £3,190. for 2 adults 2 kids and one night (2 days) stay in 5 star hotel in singapore ???

Selina thats a well good price . wish i would have seen that what date was that for ??? x

Guest Guest5035

Not sure yet with which option, the wife has to go back to the UK for a length of time, but i see Singas from this end have a very flexible time frame.

Stevo

Guest Antonia

We came over on Singapore Airlines (June 2011)- they were just the cheapest and each person got 40kg of luggage for free (but only on a perm visa - not temporary)!!

Although I would suggest emailing them and getting it in writing as the people at Heathrow check in didn't know about the extra luggage allowance and I had to show them the email and the visa.

Also Singapore airport has loads of things to do for kids and adults, a butterfly room, somewhere to relax, swimming and internet.

Guest Celine
Whats the best place/website to book a 1 way flight UK to Adelaide, in the UK.

Stevo

I booked with Singapore Airlines direct, flew out on 2nd June 2011 for just under £600 one way just for me. You also get double the baggage allowance if you have an unvalidated visa although I dont know whether that has to be a permanent one or not - just email the airlines direct & they will answer any questions

good luck

Celine

Guest Maria Day
Maria how much did you pay for your flights if you dont mind me asking .I booked with dial a flight and it was £3,190. for 2 adults 2 kids and one night (2 days) stay in 5 star hotel in singapore ???

Selina thats a well good price . wish i would have seen that what date was that for ??? x

Hello...you probably got a better deal if that price includes 2 nights stay in a 5 star hotel. I paid £2970 for 4 of us and only have 4 hrs stop over.

Guest jlr248

Does anyone know if you can fly out of an airport other than Heathrow. We're up north, wonder if Singapore airlines fly out of Manchester or Glasgow to Adelaide?

Guest Tterrier81
Does anyone know if you can fly out of an airport other than Heathrow. We're up north, wonder if Singapore airlines fly out of Manchester or Glasgow to Adelaide?

singapore and malaysian both fly out of manchester

Guest The Standalofts

We just booked our flights today with Singapore airlines and its from Glasgow - only thing is for the flight from Glasgow to Heathrow they have booked us with British Airways and we are still waiting to find out if BA will charge us for extra luggage that Singapore airlines says we can take. We priced various companies and Singapore came out the cheapest, and appear to have good reviews.

Lesley