Joke

csobrien1966

Guest Squareman

I got fined the same for doing 67km in a 60km zone.

What I find ludicrous is the story in the Tiser a while back about the 3 dizzy teenagers who caught speeding going THE WRONG WAY DOWN THE SOUTHERN EXPRESS WAY!! Their fine was $350. How on earth is this fair? Going 67 in a 60 zone is hardly a hanging offence.

After I got a $220 fine for 57 in a 50kmh zone I changed my driving habits. Now I only look at my speedo, and never get a ticket. :policeman:

I have been in 11 accidents, but you dont get a ticket for that.:biglaugh:

Im pretty sure thats what the local drivers do too- thats why they are always right up your arse! :realmad:

I got fined the same for doing 67km in a 60km zone.

What I find ludicrous is the story in the Tiser a while back about the 3 dizzy teenagers who caught speeding going THE WRONG WAY DOWN THE SOUTHERN EXPRESS WAY!! Their fine was $350. How on earth is this fair? Going 67 in a 60 zone is hardly a hanging offence.

Indeed it's not a hanging offence, hence why you only got a fine.

Are you sure it's only $256? Fines go up today - doubled from previously I heard! So if she got caught today, you may be looking at $512.... if she got caught previously and has only just got the fine, she has in fact saved you $256!!!

Just call me Pollyanna....

Are you sure it's only $256? Fines go up today - doubled from previously I heard! So if she got caught today, you may be looking at $512.... if she got caught previously and has only just got the fine, she has in fact saved you $256!!!

Wasn't that just parking fines? If it's speeding fines, I'd rather do a 2 month stretch than give them over $500! Would save more on rent.

Don't you have packing to do......

Fines are on here

http://www.legislation.sa.gov.au/LZ/C/R/ROAD%20TRAFFIC%20%28MISCELLANEOUS%29%20REGULATIONS%201999/CURRENT/1999.236.UN.PDF

And what is a natural person

Offence against regulation 6(1)—Offence if driver found guilty etc of

speeding offence

• minor risk offence—

• if the employer, prime contractor or operator is a natural

person $270

• if the employer, prime contractor or operator is a body

corporate $377

• substantial risk offence—

• if the employer, prime contractor or operator is a natural

person $538

• if the employer, prime contractor or operator is a body

corporate $699

Guest Guest5035

The speeding fines are worth every cent, you speed you get fined, simple, don't speed. I learnt that after being here 3 weeks and got caught my one and only time, touch wood.

Stevo

Guest Aussie pat

I got fined last year doing 67 in a 60 zone only about 6 feet from an 80 sign that was coming up.

I'm sure it's blatant revenue raising. All they sent was a bill. I've only been fined once before and that was in the UK (yet again 67 in a 60 zone). At least they sent a leaflet on road safety and offered me a driver safety lecture if I didn't want to lose any points.

God gonna have to be careful when we get there. Have just had my points removed from my license over here.

Don't think andy will be too happy if the savings get spent on fines. have calmed down now infact love to annoy people in a hurry now by abiding to the speed limit, you get some wonderful jestures especially of the men. I always blow them a kiss as well but it seems to annoy them even more.

lisa

Guest Tterrier81

how long do points stay on your licence, my mrs got done speedin through a red light with expired rego but that was about 4 yrs ago, will they be wiped off by now??

Guest Guest5035

I always blow them a kiss as well but it seems to annoy them even more.

lisa

i do that aswell, except i'm a bloke!! and that really pisses them off

stevo

Guest Guest5035
I was gonna laugh but can't as I got 8 points

3 for a red light and 5 for speeding Opps lol lol

remind me never to get on a bus whilst you are driving it:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Stevo

Guest cornish Busdriver
remind me never to get on a bus whilst you are driving it:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Stevo

Lol lol most bus drivers have got points for speeding just cuz of trying to get passengers to work on time when we been caught up in traffic.

Lol lol most bus drivers have got points for speeding just cuz of trying to get passengers to work on time when we been caught up in traffic.

The bus I was on last night got flashed by a red light camera because he was running late and everyone on the bus was giving him abuse for taking ages pulling out into traffic lol. :biglaugh:

Guest Asil

Remind me never to get on a bus if drivers think speeding is acceptable behaviour. Imagine the court case for damages using the comments in this post alone.

Guest Asil

Doubled?

Please show this evidence.

Thats shocking imagine revenue raising by doubled fines. You think not many people would stand for this. (based on correct info)

Guest cornish Busdriver
Remind me never to get on a bus if drivers think speeding is acceptable behaviour. Imagine the court case for damages using the comments in this post alone.

Speeding is never intentional or on purpose but does happen when you could be driving for 10 plus hours a day, passengers moaning, drivers getting stressed, speedlimits constantly changing.

Red lights are worse cause some change without an amber and a granny always stands up just as it happens so you can't just slam the brakes on and have to run it or risk a major law suit if granny falls over.

People think that bus drivers sit on there butts all day and nothing else lol lol, how many drivers are capable of driving something upto 22 meters long, could weight upto 20 tones, cut through traffic, be responsible for all thoughs people lifes, constantly stopping, being constantly cut up by stupid drivers and still constantly be able there to adjust there speed to arrive at stops within 30 seconds most of the time.

Guest Guest5035
Doubled?

Please show this evidence.

Thats shocking imagine revenue raising by doubled fines. You think not many people would stand for this. (based on correct info)

http://www.legislation.sa.gov.au/LZ/C/R/ROAD%20TRAFFIC%20(MISCELLANEOUS)%20REGULATIONS%201999/CURRENT/1999.236.UN.PDF

Page 77 onwards gives ALL fine payable details.

Stevo

Guest Asil

Has it been doubled or not then? ( I know it's raised, but doubled?)

Mr Bus driver I don't know who you are trying to kid. You do not drive the biggest heaviest things around. Yes you do have more people on them than truckies, so you should be more aware of such changes and surely drive accordingly.