Tiger airways grounded

Guest Guest5035

I see Tiger airways has been grounded http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/tiger-planes-grounded-pose-serious-risk/story-e6frea6u-1226086065270

a mate from work got to the airport this morning for his flight to Melboure to be told you are stuffed. He ended up flying with Virgin for another $1000 for 5 of them.

stevo

A refund from Tiger will cover some of the $1000 for the Virgin flights and I'm certain that travel insurance would have covered the rest

Knew that was going to happen though as they were under investigation. Should say - thought for sure it would happen. Tiger needs to shape up if they want to operate in Australia - hopefully they will as I've quite happily flown them and god knows we need the competition.

Guest WhatNow?

What benefit did they gain from approaching the airport at 'below the lowest safe altitude' I wonder? Is it really a 'training' problem or pressure from the company for some reason?

Guest Guest5035
What benefit did they gain from approaching the airport at 'below the lowest safe altitude' I wonder? Is it really a 'training' problem or pressure from the company for some reason?

I believe tiger are part of Singapore Airlines!!!!!

Do you think it was that reason, if so how long were they at that altitude before air traffic control told them, or is it more sinister??

Stevo

Guest Guest5035

perhaps the altitude thingymajig was not working, now thats scary, i see a flight, melbourne to cairns had been in the air a while and it was told to return to melbourne, same plane i wonder.

stevo

Guest WhatNow?
perhaps the altitude thingymajig was not working, now thats scary, i see a flight, melbourne to cairns had been in the air a while and it was told to return to melbourne, same plane i wonder.

stevo

You've been watching too many 'Air Crash Investigations' Stevo LOL!

Guest Asil

Many flights across the country have been flying at different altitudes due to "the ash cloud". Being on many flights that adjust altitude flying heights due to time restrictions it would be a possibility that Tiger have cut the height even further. (maybe because they are shunted to the end of the que)

Surely singapore airlines would not cut actual plane safety levels.

This country needs competition within the airlines to keep prices down.

Have you ever been on a "turn around" flight to Adelaide because it's past 11' o'clock (PM)