Coles Bananas

Guest Guest5035

Guest Mainds Family

Oh my goodness :shocked:

Thanks for the tip,shall get to Coles straight away......that's amazing !!!!!!!!!

Haven't had a banana in months !!!!

Thanks Stevo

Sarah

Thought the price was missing a 1, saw bananas in Coles this morning for $3.98, the price was correct, $3.98!!

Stevo

Is this for real? Is this what poms want to know?

Amuzing.

The price of bananas went through the roof after the floods. Crops were ruined and so prices jumped. They don't import them like the UK does.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/money/money-matters/going-bananas-over-high-prices/story-fn300aev-1226072197338

Hope that explains why its a topic people are discussing :)

Guest WhatNow?
Ooooohhhh, banana sarnies for dinner tomorrow :wink:

Dammit - why didn't I read that before I came up your way this afternoon - bang goes my diet and I will have to make a special trip too - life is so unfair!

Guest lastboyscout

Stevo, the missus is fuming with you, sent her out to get some from St.Agnes Coles and they still $14 mate:biggrin:

So she came back with some chocolate fingers instead....... can`t fit them on a sarnie LMAO

Guest WhatNow?

Amuzing.

Well apparently it is...as so many people have joined the thread. I think it's called 'irony' and having a laugh with friends with a sense of humour...

Guest Guest5035
Stevo, the missus is fuming with you, sent her out to get some from St.Agnes Coles and they still $14 mate:biggrin:

So she came back with some chocolate fingers instead....... can`t fit them on a sarnie LMAO

I'll swap her 1 banana for a pack of choccie fingers!!

Stevo

Amuzing.

Don't knock it!!! If bananas have been outrageously expensive and we have someone somewhere with their finger on the pulse and can let us know where there's a good bargain... well, I think that's a good use of a post!

Far better to help each other out than criticise each other, isn't it?!

TBH the thing that usually brings me back to the forum when I've had a break / got out of the habit... is usually either reading someone else's recommendation for something, or needing a recommendation myself. So convenient to have a community like this on our doorstep to find out what's going on and where, and how we can get things fixed, where to buy stuff...... bla bla bla.

Guest Nick11

Well my kids are desperate for me to buy bananas. My son eats them like they are going out of fashion. Dam the floods and ozzie customs!!! You lot in Blighty complain about the state of the country..but I bet you can afford to go out and buy a banana!!! We can't..unless we take out a second mortgage!!! HEHEHE

Guest Mainds Family

Oh I know Stevo, I sussed that one out after I had gotten really excited !

Went to our local Coles and they were still an arm & a leg to buy...never mind !!

Have waited this long.........

QUOTE=lynsteve;188634]this was in coles at St Agnes by the way..

Stevo