Fed Up

Riponian

Just like so many people here and trying to get here, we have been trying to sell our house. Originally our tenants wanted to buy it but are not in a position to buy it now and have asked for another 12mth lease. I know this is the smart thing to do but given the housing market.

Then why do I feel like I have just been kicked in the teeth! We have been here over 18mth and I really want my own place to finally put the niggles and doubts to bed and have my own house!!:sad:

We would have no problem getting a mortgage but we don't have enough saved for a deposit even 3% would be difficult to raise... Trying to think positive about it but I am not patient.

Sure I will be fine once I have slept on it but just feel cheated :frown:

We are in the same position and it is frustrating.All our money is tied up in our house in England and we are going have to wait for the market to pick up before we even think about selling.We have a really great rental but it would be nice to have a place that we can make our home but like you said,it's difficult to get the deposit together.The only way to look at it is at least you are here.Hope you feel better soon.x

Sorry to hear you are feeling a but down.

Must be hard when you are settled and just want to finish the move of by getting your own place.

Everythink happens for a reason, we just cant see those reasons at the time.

Hope in 12 months you can sell and get a better price then.

Guest Guest75

Sorry to hear this Michelle. Not like you to get down.

What is meant to be and all that.

Probably the perfect house has not come up for you yet.

Chin up

Guest moviemummy

Hi Michelle

I can't say any thing different for the rest of the guys but you are probably right, sleeping on it will maybe give you a different view tomorrow.

That or wine!

L x

PS

Don't mean to sound flipant just want you to smile! xx

Guest Guest75

Will I get a smack off Phil if I send you a virtual hug???

((((((((((((((((( Michelle))))))))))))))))))))))

You really might see a great change in the Dollar by the time ,ya never know!!

I know exactly how you feel, we've been here 2.5 yrs and are fed up with renting and the inspections and not being able to call it ours..!!

We rented our house in Wales out for first 2 yrs, then put it up for sale but no offers coming in, so we've had to make the decision to take it back of the market and continue to rent it out, so no shopping for houses for us for a while...

frustrating eh.!!

Just like so many people here and trying to get here, we have been trying to sell our house. Originally our tenants wanted to buy it but are not in a position to buy it now and have asked for another 12mth lease. I know this is the smart thing to do but given the housing market.

Then why do I feel like I have just been kicked in the teeth! We have been here over 18mth and I really want my own place to finally put the niggles and doubts to bed and have my own house!!:sad:

We would have no problem getting a mortgage but we don't have enough saved for a deposit even 3% would be difficult to raise... Trying to think positive about it but I am not patient.

Sure I will be fine once I have slept on it but just feel cheated :frown:

It's tough Michelle. There's not a lot you can do and that makes it very frustrating. We were very lucky to sell our house before we came but still took a big hit on what we paid for it and what it had been valued at 12 months before. I hope the financial market improves for you.

Best of luck to you and everyone else trying to sell,

Cooler

couldn't you remortgage on a buy to let on your own property I think they let you borrow up to 80%.

We have just done this as our buyers pulled out and left us with no time to find another.

We had the mortgage in place within 10 days and had 5 viewing to rent it on Monday and with the amount of money we have coming in from rent I dont intend to sell untill the exchange rate goes above $1.80.

To be honest It may turn out to be a blessing that they pulled out, we will have to wait and see.

Good luck either way.