Adelaide Crows

Guest Guest5035

Oh you bugger Stevo! You know this will end up with people slating the Crows performance - although for anyone that goes for Port please note your position on the ladder before you start.... :)

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm no expert but it seems to me that the fault is more with the fact that the Crows fail to place those goals more then their general performance (can we not include the St Kilda game please?!). We have been to so many games where there the ball has moved to the right end of the oval, just to have it turn into a behind or go back to the team. And I'm not sure that's Craig's fault.

I don't think the fact they took Craigy off contract and onto staff earlier this year means he's more likely to be given the flick because put Trigg came out and pretty much stated that Craig was safe.I think there are a few coaches that oeople like to bag and I reckon Neil Craig is one of them.

Now for the Showdown!

LC (be kind to me, it's only my opinion!)

Guest Guest5035

I don't think the fact they took Craigy off contract and onto staff earlier this year means he's more likely to be given the flick because put Trigg came out and pretty much stated that Craig was safe.

Well Tiggs should go through the door with him, i've said since day 1 that Craig was not the man, yes he got them into the finals, but he has not got a good bo###cking in him. Look at him during the breaks, he doesn't go off, the players are not scared of him, the other trouble with the Crows, the players are too soft, they are like a bunch of #######. Bring on Mick Malthouse....

My tip for the showdown....a draw, as Port are just as bad.

Stevo

Guest Guest5035
I don`t know Dan TBH, he looks really good in the Balfours pie ads LOL

Going to the showdown next week, my first AFL game :unsure:

What a game to see your first MANS game, both coaches on their way out, both teams in the poo and both teams with no ideas, so it should end in a draw, with a crowd of about 25,000 all booing!!

Stevo

What a game to see your first MANS game, both coaches on their way out, both teams in the poo and both teams with no ideas, so it should end in a draw, with a crowd of about 25,000 all booing!!

Stevo

Just shows how bad a state AFL is in when they cant even fill half a stadium when its a local derby should be a great atmosphere at the ground LOL

Guest lastboyscout

Stevo

I`m used to that ****e at Villa Park :biglaugh:

And he should take Tippet with him...hes our biggest waste of money!!

Leave Kurt Tippett alone! He's been, at times, a great player...and even if you don't like him, I reckon he still has at least a year left on his contract.

Craig certainly seems to give his chewy more stick than his players but I feel for him. I mean, he was initially lauded and it's only in the last couple of seasons he's had people out for his blood. From the article JCT mentioned, it looks like the Showdown will be Craig's final stand and even then it sounds as though Adelaide will allow him to resign rather than be dismissed.

I wonder whether his move from contract to staff was not only to give him - or us!- the message that Craig's performance was under scrutiny but also to make a move from coach to something else that much easier. I personally can't see the club throwing him under the bus and I think it would stink if they do. But then, I'm a loyal kinda gal!

As for the Magpies' Malthouse...no chance! But what about Ben Hart? I liked him :) so there's a good reason to promote him!

It grieves me to say it and I will be shouting my little heart out, but I wouldn't be surprised if poxy Port take the Showdown. It hurts but there you are. Even so, it's an Adelaide home game so I reckon the turnout will still be 36k+......

Yours optimistically, LC

Tippet is our most expensive player on the field and should be expected to play at peak at all times....... look at the other teams when they're top players are on the field they play like it and you can tell!!!

Tippet has done nothing this year...... his tackle count is way low, his goal kicking is shocking (he is a forward and this should be his strongest!) - he missed 2 easy goals on saturday and he is off pace with his running down players..... how is that a good 'marquee' player!!!

He may have 'had' good games but i haven't been to any in 2 years where he has been a standout!!

went to the crows game at ethiad in melbourne on friday, was really disapointed how crap the crows were for my first AFL game, how dare they lol!!! Was funny as a woman was shouting abuse at St Kilda and got kicked out , mind u her choice of language wasnt great and she mentioned several things about them being rapists etc!! So at least there was some entertainment he he!!

When I first got here I was given a ticket for the showdown, and I was told I was would witness the best atmoshphere I could imagine.

At H/T I almost asked if the good atmosphere was only in the second half.

The scoreboard told you want (and when to) to sing, told you when to clap, and told the old women to put their knitting needles away!!

It's not a bad game, but Crows v Power compared to Liverpool v Man Utd - no contest!!!!

Guest lastboyscout
Apparantly Birmingham have an awesome away game following....lol

HG

They`ll have a good one next season playing Southampton away on a Friday night in the middle of January :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.... I have been waiting all week ..how about The Showdown???

We watched the Dogs/Eagles game on Saturday and that was sooo exciting, I was even more ready for the Showdown. And wasn't it brilliant? There were times I was worried that the Crows would do that thing they have, but no! consistently great! I still get excited thinking about it!

As for Tippett, I am defo not an expert (in my defence, I have only been really, really into the game since 2006 so despite watching my son through primary school etc, I have a lot to learn) but I believe he was the club top scorer in 2010, played some great games in 2009, placed four goals against the Swans...and has only been playing footy at all for nine or ten (?) years. Strange to think he apparently didn't even grow up playing.

And how does Stevo manage to be so much on the pulse?? :notworthy: I would be interested to know how he, or anyone else obv, thinks the sacking of the Melbourne coach will impact on the Crows ability to get their first choice of coach....

Thanks, LC