Favourite Ad/ Hated Ad on TV

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

Whats your fave AD on tv and your most hated AD on TV

Mines gotta be fave at the mo, the Ikea one with the 2 women in the wardrobe checking it out and the ad says Men have the shed, so cool, my hate one is the funeral insurance ads.

Stevo

Guest loopylisa

I hate them all. The add in oz are so loud and abrasive I had to turn the tele off when I was here on hols. There was recently something news wise about how the adds are too loud shorty after I noticed this. I just record TV and watch it back because i cant stand the adds, I find them physically painful

Yes,the Funeral Ads are atrocious,but also quite subtle:wideeyed:!Whilst watching them drone on and on all day long,you actually find yourself losing the will to live!:swoon:The other one that get's right up my snotter is that geezer with the whining voice going on about losing body fat,or your money back guaranteed!:eek:Yeah,OK,I 'll have some of that,i don't think:wink:.The adverts here are torture,loud,in your face and dated IMO. On the funny side though,the pathetic voices the actors put on to enhance the product really has me in creases.Geez,give us a bit of credit i oft think to myself.

Mostly I don't like many of them but do like the Ikea one - as per above....the "start the car one" but I really love the Kia ad where the guy is in the car with some Rap artists.......and they are singing "Don't push me cause I am close to the edge"....there's a lot in it when you watch it a few times.....the guy driving the car thinks he is really "cool" and then he pulls up into his driveway and his long suffering partner says "Did you get the nappies" and I guess from the look on his face....he hasn't ....

The funeral ones are awful, especially the one with the couple playing golf - I wonder are they actually a couple in real life? I also hate the Ashley and Martin hair loss ones, where there is a girl in a bikini in the background taking a shower (un-subtle message - yes you could pull a bird like this if you weren't bald!). One advert has a guy saying 'I'm your consultant bla bla' and it's Drew who used to be in Neighbours, wearing what looks like a wig!

Oh, and I hate the Harvey Norman ads, enough to give you a headache.

Guest Mitchell

The close to the edge car ad and the mentos one with the awesome spider are so cool.

The woman sneezing and the bike leathers one where the guy crashes in painted on clothes are so awful I can't look!

Guest Guest5035
hate ...... deffo the sneeze ad ............ makes me want to chu

love the ultra tune drop the kids off at the pool ad

i quite like that snot ad, its clever, how many times do we all sneeze and how many times don't we have a tissue available!! Imagine the person sitting opposite you on the bus who hasn't got a tissue and all that comes your way!!

:huh:

stevo

Guest ReadyPenny

My favourite is the dating company one "meet with us so you don't have to meet with him" with the guy in the jocks and socks with spills and slops down his t-shirt who scratches his bum and sniffs his fingers!!! Classic, it's so vile I had to laugh :) The one I hate the most?? NEDS with it's annoying song " what will you find at Neds today" Makes me cringe that one!!

Guest Darkmoore

I could not BELIEVE how many ads were in the tv shows. They say they dont go louder but they bloody do coz we have to turn it down when they come on.

Some of the aussie ads are really funny, like theres no political corectness yet.

The 'I think its time to pork her, and we wanna come to' made me go :chatterbox:

and then theres the guy in his pants which is quite funny.

also, Jim's Mowing advert makes us all laugh because of the terrible animation...

I hate all the terrible actors, and theres an ad that has a morning alarm sound on it that is awful.

I also saw that maltesers advert we had in the UK years ago with Suranne Jones (

) the other day, but it was dubbed over by australians :|

I love the infomercials on Day time TV.. That AB machine where you swing from side to side, it's like your doing nothing at all, or the hand held vacuum that only takes a few dozen sweeps to pick up the bits of grain he put on the floor...

I have to say that ladder does look amazing though.... i am tempted...

Guest Guest5035
My favourite is the dating company one "meet with us so you don't have to meet with him" with the guy in the jocks and socks with spills and slops down his t-shirt who scratches his bum and sniffs his fingers!!! Classic, it's so vile I had to laugh :)QUOTE]

this is a brilliant one, i forgot about it, its so true........isn't it!!

stevo

Guest Peachie

Hate the smug git who does the gas ads and his pinl and which baggy boxers!!!!, hate the noels caravans ad as the yougest sings the tune bloody awful!!!!

Kids like the slighty rude ones you don't get in the UK but I see the ads as a) a chance to pop the kettle on I now drink enough coffee for it to float a boat and b) have now rushed out bought a PVR and record eveything then watch it another time using the one min skip button and bingo no more ads x

Guest Woody and Jane
hate the noels caravans ad as the yougest sings the tune bloody awful!!!!

Say it ain't so! The Noel's Caravans song is the best. I wish I had it as my ringtone.

Is it just me or does anyone else walk around Neds saying "Oooh" at everything you see? So much pretty crap that you know is crap but sometimes you can't resist it's charms. Damn you Ned!

Woody.

Occassional adverts I can put up with - its the changing of a 90 minute movie into a 3 hour slog thats a pain.

I recently moved some kid's stuff that we'd saved for Thomas from the pvr to dvd - mostly scooby doo and ben 10. It's sad just how many ads there were - seven add breaks in a scooby doo, each one for three minutes - and many of them really unsuitable for a young audience. :eek:

Jim

Guest Peachie
Say it ain't so! The Noel's Caravans song is the best. I wish I had it as my ringtone.

Is it just me or does anyone else walk around Neds saying "Oooh" at everything you see? So much pretty crap that you know is crap but sometimes you can't resist it's charms. Damn you Ned!

Woody.

I'm glad you like it!!!! send us your address and I will send my seven year old tone deaf very loud son around to sing it (constantly) just for you xx