Hmmmmm Wanted Down Under

Guest Django

Is it just me???

After watching this series I think the BBC have decided on what they believe is a 5 point winning formula.:nah:

1. Pick a family that doesn't really want to go.

2. Show them houses well above their budget.

3. Trial them in a job that isn't what the do in UK or is a step down on the pay/staus front.

4. Show them a video of their families doing the emotional blackmail thing.

5. Decide not to go as its not right for them at the moment and they can't leave their family.:skeptical:

Don't think I'll bother watching the rest of the series. They don't look like they are covering Adelaide anyway.

Pete

Guest jamesholmes_@hotmail.com

Completely agree. Maybe it would be better if they used people like us who have already applied for their Visas and therefore really want to go and will help them get a heads up on everything when they finally arrive.

Emma

Completely agree. Maybe it would be better if they used people like us who have already applied for their Visas and therefore really want to go and will help them get a heads up on everything when they finally arrive.

Emma

Quite right too - which is why I tried to get to be in this series, if only they had replied to me :arghh: It would have been really useful - and saved us a few quid.

I dont really like this series at all - I think Im only watching it as its the only way to catch a bit of sunshine at the mo!!

Hazel.

Guest graandjac

:goofy:Have to agree with you pete , looks like they are trying to put people off this series, :huh:Its the house part that does my head in, they have so much to spend so lets just rub it in as to what they could have if they had saved up a bit more:arghh:, oh well it makes more room for all of us when we get there. Cheers Graham

Totally agree with you all,

I'm not enjoying the series this time round, can't hear it anyway cos my OH keeps shouting at the tv demanding to know why they are on it if they are so clearly dead against the idea!!!

We had been recording via Sky + and just f/fwd every time the family come on with all the tears, this part of it I feel is really unfair, because if these people haven't made up their mind to go (unlike ourselves), it's definately enough to stop them in their tracks!

We had been recording via Sky + and just f/fwd every time the family come on

This is the funniest bit. The thing I like is when the parents say "we all really miss you". Like they have only been gone week.:rolleyes: Do they go on holiday with both sets of parents every year?:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Is it maybe a case that last years programme was so successful that the whole of the UK is now trying to leave for Oz so they are now trying to reverse the trend.

Maybe i am just too cynical.

Cheers

Derek & Jak

in that case it's a great idea :biglaugh: - we are enough already ;)

pmsl Conny!! we also fast forward through the tears!! veeeeeery strange

and what's with the constant recap - we've watched it from the beginning so we know what happened .... all in all you can put it in 10 min!!!! :huh:

i just watch it for the pictures :jiggy:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
:goofy:Have to agree with you pete , looks like they are trying to put people off this series, :huh:
Good, hope it works there are already enough of us poms out here!

sarah:arghh:

Guest chillyanna

i'm dissapointed also, totaly negative series this time round, why?

best thing i like was getting an inside view of the country us pia's are heading for.

made me feel stronger because the things the families struggled on i found i was ok with and did not pull on the heart strings tooo much.

TTFN

paul

Guest Upsy Daisy
:goofy:Have to agree with you pete , looks like they are trying to put people off this series, :huh:Its the house part that does my head in, they have so much to spend so lets just rub it in as to what they could have if they had saved up a bit more:arghh:, oh well it makes more room for all of us when we get there. Cheers Graham

Ha ha ha!!! The part where they have $300,000 to spend on a house and then they show them one for $450,000. Great stuff! Like a modern day Bullseye...'Have a look at what you could have won!!!'

Ha ha ha!!! The part where they have $300,000 to spend on a house and then they show them one for $450,000. Great stuff! Like a modern day Bullseye...'Have a look at what you could have won!!!'

At a guess, do your little ones watch 'in the night Garden'? Is that where you got the name from??:D

Guest cornish Busdriver

watched it this morning and thought what was the point in the family going on this when the hubby had no interest in leaving his family behind and you could see that NO-WAY was he moving to Oz.

Would be better if they picked familys that were serious about emigrating and stopped showing them houses when they were there out of there price range.

I think theese familys are just after a free holiday.

Guest Upsy Daisy
At a guess, do your little ones watch 'in the night Garden'? Is that where you got the name from??:D

Well of course!! I quite like watching it myself (but don't tell anyone that). I'm guessing there's a few In The Night Garden fans in your house as well??? x

Well of course!! I quite like watching it myself (but don't tell anyone that). I'm guessing there's a few In The Night Garden fans in your house as well??? x

Oh yes definitely, although Jack and Sophie seem to enjoy it more, I think Niamh isn't really quite sure whats going on!! Oh and Pete seems to know all the names so I think he enjoys it too but don't tell him I told you and everyone else!! :biglaugh:

Off now to watch todays wanted down under!!

Guest jetskitony

Hi,

i am glad i watched last years,as this series is awful,i liked the family today,she is a single mum with 2 boys and wants to move to oz so much,but why show her a house £95,000,more then she can afford,the first one was bad enough £30,000 above her budget,she has to pay for childcare and no way could she afford those houses.really pleased she got the job offer and wish her all the best it shows if you are determined enough it can happen for you.next wed episode is a revisited one its one of the families who wanted to move to brisbane,so will look forward to that one.

Myrtle,Tony,Callum

Hi

Who is the family next Wednesday?

Libby

The Warner family in Brisbane. Its a year on from their programme last series seeing how they getting on in Brisbane.

Pete

Hi

Who is the family next Wednesday?

Libby

:idea:Doh!!!

Done my detective work. :policeman:You used to be in Brissie once wasn't you?;) I'll be watching ya. Ladies and gentlemen we have a TV star in the house. :notworthy: