Diane

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest MrsHills

I just find this all so frustrating and want to put my penn'th in (and if I offend anyone I am sorry but they are my views and the mods can remove this) It is obvious that the majority of these yobs are out just to cause damage/theft etc, they have nothing whatsoever to do with WHY the initial gathering of peaceful people in Tottenham were there. They are thieves. Uncover your faces, take your gloves off. I agree totally with Diane swear swear swear!! I lived in Tottenham many years ago, I NEVER felt uncomfortable (probably coz I look mental ..who knows!) Its a disgrace whats going on and you know what, I expect its all the polices fault and someone will get a smack on the head with a truncheon and that will take over the news!! rant over

Guest bishop3912

Its all so sad and shocking that these yobs are most probably just gonna end up getting away with it all. I feel so sorry for all the innocent families that have been affected by this, some have lost their homes/cars etc etc for no reason whatsoever :sad: My home town of Romford has started now also, just hope that my friends/family are all kept safe throughout it all :sad: UK government and police defo need to get tougher, these probs arise cause there is no respect for the police, give them guns to carry like Oz police, that would deter many!!

It's still going on now as of 9:45 (SA) and 1:15 (UK). Looks like it may have spread to Liverpool as well as Birmingham - two Carling Cup matches cancelled.

The police are clearly trying a soft approach hoping it will fizzle out - think the time for firm action is now. Water cannons, spray them with coloured dye so they can be easily recognised.

Cooler

Guest Adelaide_bound
Just hoping it does not affect Mrs Tyke.She is flying out from Manchester @ 7.15am UK time.

Should be ok Tyke, is probably going to burn out soon, and is only affecting London, Brum and one car in Liverpool (I'm not sure that really counts then). They will get tired in an hour or so and pop off home to bed.

Hearing on the radio some of the rioters/looters interviewed ("We're getting our taxes back") made me so angry. What gives these people the right to do this? Heard it compared to Clockwork Orange this morning - that's one book I was unable to listen to (on audio books) because the senseless violence made me feel so sick to the stomach.

I'd shoot the bloody lot of them!

Guest Adelaide_bound
It's still going on now as of 9:45 (SA) and 1:15 (UK). Looks like it may have spread to Liverpool as well as Birmingham - two Carling Cup matches cancelled.

The police are clearly trying a soft approach hoping it will fizzle out - think the time for firm action is now. Water cannons, spray them with coloured dye so they can be easily recognised.

Cooler

The problem is, if the police do anything they will be accused of being heavy handed, stirring things up and probably racism (despite the fact that looters are all shapes, sizes, genders and colours it appears), plus there probably aren't enough of them in any one place, its so spread out (two forces just sent more police to help out in Croydon - they sent a whole 50 police officers all together! :arghh: ) so they would probably get the cr*p kicked out of them, I think the rioters are just looking for an excuse to nut an officer. We don't have any water cannons apparently - and the bleeding hearts would only allow us to use it on soft setting anyways - or the EU would say we are abusing their human rights. Sooooooo fooked up (sorry about my language, I am sooooo upset about this all :( )

The problem is, if the police do anything they will be accused of being heavy handed, stirring things up and probably racism (despite the fact that looters are all shapes, sizes, genders and colours it appears), plus there probably aren't enough of them in any one place, its so spread out (two forces just sent more police to help out in Croydon - they sent a whole 50 police officers all together! :arghh: ) so they would probably get the cr*p kicked out of them, I think the rioters are just looking for an excuse to nut an officer. We don't have any water cannons apparently - and the bleeding hearts would only allow us to use it on soft setting anyways - or the EU would say we are abusing their human rights. Sooooooo fooked up (sorry about my language, I am sooooo upset about this all :( )

I agree with you, damned if they do, damned if they don't. That said, if your a decent person living in the areas, you probably support the police actions now. I bet that the armed forces have water canons and they have to go in hard. They may need to call an emergency and call the troops in, defence starts at home. Our honourable forces do plenty around the world, let them help out at home, I am sure they are completely capable.

Cooler

Guest Ryan T. Lion

I'm actually steering clear of this on the news - cos it just gets me so angry.

Anyway - the police got shot at FIRST, they've got a police radio with a bullet embedded in it apparently.

It's just a completely fubar'd country - we've only been away a few days and look at it!

People have seen looters breaking into shops and trying on different sized trainers before they steal them. Actually, that's not looting. I see looting as breaking into food shops after an earthquake cos the government can't get water to you.

This is just theft.

This is just youth UK.

This is just why we left.

Guest pixie7

Well Lpool is kicking off- quite a few areas and 300ish looting in city centre. Heard Manchester, Bristol, Leeds and of course Birmingham has trouble going on.... madness

I've never understood why the British police don't have water cannon or tear gas.

It seems to be part of the mentality in these inner city areas to have a riot every few years - there haven't been any for a while now and I was surprised that the UK didn't kick off in sympathy when France had a load of riots a couple of years ago.

Riots always happen in summer and always in the school holidays when the kids are home from school and bored and hanging around the streets in the evening. These copycat riots are purely opportunistic, just an excuse to go thieving, as they know the police are overstretched and it's too much of a drain on resources to start arresting people. No doubt the anarchists are in there trying to stir things up but it's just thieving pure and simple. So sad.

Guest Nick11

Send in the army...water cannon..plastic bullets !!! Old mad Ken Livingston says its in protest to government cuts..excuse the language but wtf!!!! Only 225 arrested..BUT only 36 charged. About sums it all up!!!!!

We nanny these so called hooligans!!! Lock em up..get rid of legal aid lawyers and send them on boot camp!!!

The government is sooooooooooo afraid of its own shadow!!!! And Cameron is about as effective as a chocolate teapot!!!!!! And so are the rest for that matter!!!!!

Guest cornish Busdriver

To be honest I've never got on well with the police but I would willingly take my hat off to them for putting up with and dealing with all the hassle there at the moment.

We had batten guns (plastic bullets) in NI and are now no longer used, give them to the police to use.

Guest m.jephcott

I really haven't been following this until I just read on the BBC that they having been kicking off in Peckham where my sister and her kids live. I will be taking more notice now, this is just madness and a good reason why I would never live london or any other UK city for that matter.

I really haven't been following this until I just read on the BBC that they having been kicking off in Peckham where my sister and her kids live. I will be taking more notice now, this is just madness and a good reason why I would never live london or any other UK city for that matter.

Perhaps some Pingers !!! may like to pong back ???

Seen it all before, and i doubt if it will be the last. Weak governments and the ''No blame '' brigade make it easy for these Morons to get away with what they do, no excuses, deal with it forcefully. First sign of rioting or looting bring in the armed responses force, shoot a few of them, take out the ring leaders, stuff them, they derserve nothing less! The UK is always too worried about what other countries will think of them, stuff them as well. Until the Police are allowed to go in hard the thugs will always win. And i bet the 200 or so arrested will be given pathetic slap on the wrist punishments.....Woeful! It's always the Police who i feel for in these situations, Damned if they do, Damned if they dont!!!!

And as an Australian customer of mine said today...."I can see that sort of thing happening here in the future''!!! Food for thought indeed. Let the thugs run the streets and the battle is lost!

simon(Yes it pisses me off , my brother and his family live in Enfield).

Send in the troops, curfews in all areas....Snipers on rooves with night vision goggles one pick them off one at a time the scum will then stop what they are doing.....bloody shameful....

Feel for everyone still there with no way out.....going to get much worse unless the government adopt some very heavy handedness.....

HG

yep it's true , just saw a youtube showing people helping a boy with a smashed nose up and then one of them is seen rifling through his backpack. They do it cos they can. There is no respect for the police, or any authority and people don't care where their kids are anyway until they get hurt then they know their rights.....