First dose of BAD Aussie attitude.....

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Guest Ryan T. Lion

So I was looking at this car on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110727110871&category=35227&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

There's only 2 pictures on the listing, so I asked the seller if he could e-mail me some pictures of the interior.

His reply:

Dear fender_uk,

email u pictures? u email me the money and i will email any pictures,

-muscles1959

So I asked him for a phone number and said I was living on Frome St and wanted to view the car ASAP.

His reply:

Dear fender_uk,

iam staying in london near the road thsts near london ,thats next door to

frome which is next door to london which leads to frome and returns to

london,

-muscles1959

Just didn't know what to do with this. So I figured maybe it's because of my "uk" account. So I emailed him to say I arrived a week ago - was staying in the city - and just wanted to view his car.

Nothing.

Then I checked his listing again, and he'd added this:

for those international pelicans who play scam games..give up """" testa di cartso""""

I mean, come on! I checked and "testa di cazzo" (if he'd spelled it right) means "d*ckhead".

Ok, this might not be an Aussie - and God knows I'm myself wary of international scammers on ebay, but still - I little bit unfair I think???

I've since changed my account to show I'm in Oz - even changed my ID.

Been here just over a week now, and the whole family have been absolutely bowled over by how friendly the Aussies are - they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Maybe I just ran in to a rum 'un??

Anyhoot - just don't like being called a d*ckhead - just for asking to view a car for sale............ That's the internet I guess !! !! !!

I sent one last email saying I wasn't a scammer - just hadn't changed my account details since arriving - so far nothing.

I don't like mis-understandings.

Rant over !! !! !! :arghh:

Anyone selling a cheap little 4x4 ??

What a loser!

He may have been contacted by a scammer - as I did when I put up my banger that was on e-bay for spares. Was contacted by someone, asked for more pics, then said he'd buy it without seeing it, a few e-mails later he stated he was a 'sailor' and wanted to get it transported to the UK (!) but guess what - the catch was I had to pay the transport company on collection, due to 'complications' - yeah right mate... like I'm gonna give you my car AND pay some stranger a couple of hundred $$ for the priviledge!??

Sadly there are a lot of saddo's out there - but as far as being rude from the outset - that's a bit off!

I sympathise with you. I did the same to someone who I thought was scamming. (Without the rude, aggressive tone of course. That's the problem with "real scammers". They really do stuff it up for everyone else. I got someone calling me on my mobile the other day and they started with asking my full name and birthdate. Hello?? What?? who are you?? We are from Bank XX and we would like to speak to you and need to authenticate your details. The caller has an accent and I say - how do I know you are from the bank? Well we are and they give me a number to ring them on. Well that could be a scam number I think to myself. I hang up and look up my local bank phone number. I call my bank and they advise that it was an authentic call and that they are relocating their call centres offshore. Good luck I won't give some one my details especially if you don't know who is on the other end of the phone. So I call them back. Total inconvenience all the way around. And the bank didn't save anything on that transaction - not only did their call centre have to speak to me twice but the local bank had to take the call too. So much for getting rid of staff. I think I have done my bit towards keeping staff here.

Guest Ryan T. Lion
you gotta see the funny side email me the money , sorry the guy didn't believe you better luck next time

I'd like to think that luck has nothing to do with it.

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Yeah - I know there's tonnes of scams around. Spoils it for everyone.

I've changed my ID from "fender_uk" to "fender_uk_down_under", changed my location to Adelaide, and finally, offered to send him a picture of me and my nice family stood on Rundle.

I'm not sure what more I can do??

It's not about the car anymore - I need this guy to know I'm on the up n' up.

Don't ask me why.

Guest Ryan T. Lion

The plot thickens....

Dear fender_uk_down_under,

hey dude why dont you buy a car in the uk? if you look at my site itr

states local pick up only? , pictures means nothing ,a car is sold when it

seen face to face not by pictures,i was only joking about sending monet

first,a person must look at the car and test drive it etc before he decides

to buy it,i wont deal with anybody not from adelaide,cheers dude

-muscles1959

Can anyone recommend a way of making this guy understand I'm actually IN Adelaide???????

I reckon you should let it go...life's too short to worry about how someone you've never met, or are likely to meet, thinks of you.

He could be an idiot, he could have had a few scammers, a bad day, or just hate poms. Whatever, he really isn't worth your time. And I think it's a fair bet you aren't going to get his car lol :smile:

Roll on karma!

LC

Guest loopylisa

Email him from a new account and ask to view the car. Play really interested until the point he agrees to sell. Then get into your car(to be safe) and say you need to check something and then let him in on it and drive off blowing raspberries.

:jimlad:

But in reality, yeah I'd report him to ebay. That sort of interaction with a buyer is unwarranted.

Guest Guest5035

To be honest, would i buy a car off ebay....no..i've heard too many stories..plus its 7 years old and done 213000kms, which for a oldish kia is not good.

stevo

Guest Linds & Greg

Thats crazy Ryan, I think you should report him to ebay however, dont rock to much back and forth!!! The guy sounds like a wally anywho, so dont worry about it. Go find yourself a better deal hun. Lx

Guest Ryan T. Lion
To be honest, would i buy a car off ebay....no..i've heard too many stories..plus its 7 years old and done 213000kms, which for a oldish kia is not good.

stevo

Yeah I know - but I'm in a rush to buy a cheap little 4x4 - my bro-in-law drives a Sportage back home and they seem ok. I'll only be running it for 2 years, initially.

Tried carsales.com, gumtree, ebay............. it's slim pickings and we've just returned our hire car so we're at the mercy of the trams!

Cheers

So I was looking at this car on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110727110871&category=35227&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

There's only 2 pictures on the listing, so I asked the seller if he could e-mail me some pictures of the interior.

His reply:

Dear fender_uk,

email u pictures? u email me the money and i will email any pictures,

-muscles1959

So I asked him for a phone number and said I was living on Frome St and wanted to view the car ASAP.

His reply:

Dear fender_uk,

iam staying in london near the road thsts near london ,thats next door to

frome which is next door to london which leads to frome and returns to

london,

-muscles1959

Just didn't know what to do with this. So I figured maybe it's because of my "uk" account. So I emailed him to say I arrived a week ago - was staying in the city - and just wanted to view his car.

Nothing.

Then I checked his listing again, and he'd added this:

for those international pelicans who play scam games..give up """" testa di cartso""""

I mean, come on! I checked and "testa di cazzo" (if he'd spelled it right) means "d*ckhead".

Ok, this might not be an Aussie - and God knows I'm myself wary of international scammers on ebay, but still - I little bit unfair I think???

I've since changed my account to show I'm in Oz - even changed my ID.

Been here just over a week now, and the whole family have been absolutely bowled over by how friendly the Aussies are - they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Maybe I just ran in to a rum 'un??

Anyhoot - just don't like being called a d*ckhead - just for asking to view a car for sale............ That's the internet I guess !! !! !!

I sent one last email saying I wasn't a scammer - just hadn't changed my account details since arriving - so far nothing.

I don't like mis-understandings.

Rant over !! !! !! :arghh:

Anyone selling a cheap little 4x4 ??

since moving from the uk everytime i sell something online i've had loads of emails from scammers so i wouldnt blame him, i never used to get any when i lived in the uk.