Advice Ryan Air

Guest Guest5035

About the cheapest and nastiest you can get IMO. Will charge excess for everything. Possibly even checked baggage.

I'd personally never fly with them again and always pay a bit extra for a more decent airline without all the extra costs. By the time you've paid the extras they charge you may as well as paid to fly with BA/KLM etc. Also check *which* airport they are flying to and from exactly. Often they fly to the smaller airports further away from the actual city and then you have to pay to get to the actual city.

Even Easy Jet is a luxury compared to Ryan Air :shocked:

Ryanair is a very no-frills airline. you will get charged for checked luggage, and you will be charged for checking in at the airport, since they're trying to encourage people to check-in online.

That said, if with the extra charges they're still cheapest or the only airline doing the route you want to the airport you want, then go right ahead. I've never had any major issues with them. Just make sure you pack a sandwich if you want food on board. Since they overcharge for everything, including water.

Guest Richie_T

Agree, Ryan air are cheap for a reason, they charge you for absolutely everything. Seats are also more crammed than others. And the airport in Rome they use is quite a journey out of the city if I remember correctly.

oh, and the cabin staff are um.... yeah.

We used Ryan air to fly to Gerona from Leeds/Bradford and didn't find them that bad at all. Ok, you have to pay for extra's but they still worked out cheaper than the others. Flight was on time, it took off, landed and came back on time. The pilot on the way back gave a quick talk on the plane, how fast we were going etc and the flight crew were very friendly (Spanish crew). I would defo use them again.

Flew with them from Nantes in France to Liverpool. Tickets were incredibly cheap, 10 euros each with online checkin and hand luggage. However the kids had bought heaps in Paris and we needed to buy a case to put them in so I had to check a case. This wasn't much more 5 euros or something...however because we were all on the same ticket I had to pay the checkin extra for all four of us...humph no 1. On the plane there were no pockets in the seat infront and the safety cards were laminated to the seat head infront. The seats didn't recline either. The plane wasn't full so I could put stuff on the seat next to me. I think treat Ryan like Tiger...if you are only carrying carryon luggage, flying less than an hour or two and the price is cheap go for it. Do factor in the extra cost of getting to the outlying airports they use though, it can make it the same as a BA flight out of Heathrow if you buy far enough in advance.

We flew Ryanair a couple of times to Italy from Stansted, with the kids in tow. Paid extra for priority boarding, well worth it to jump the queues. I had heard lots of horror stories about Ryanair, but had no complaints at all. On all 4 flights the crew were good, polite, and really helpful when my son didn't get the food he ordered. Once when we arrived at Stansted the Queen of Spain had just arrived on the plane next to us, so they are good enough for her!