• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Advice Ryan Air

South Plympton, Adelaide
      1114 times
      Flew with them from Nantes in France to Liverpool. Tickets were incredibly cheap, 10 euros each with online checkin and hand luggage. However the kids had bought heaps in Paris and we needed to buy a case to put them in so I had to check a case. This wasn't much more 5 euros or something...however because we were all on the same ticket I had to pay the checkin extra for all four of us...humph no 1. On the plane there were no pockets in the seat infront and the safety cards were laminated to the seat head infront. The seats didn't recline either. The plane wasn't full so I could put stuff on the seat next to me. I think treat Ryan like Tiger...if you are only carrying carryon luggage, flying less than an hour or two and the price is cheap go for it. Do factor in the extra cost of getting to the outlying airports they use though, it can make it the same as a BA flight out of Heathrow if you buy far enough in advance.
      Last edited by Rachiegarlo; 12-08-2011 at 04:15 AM.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

Western Suburbs
      830 times
      We flew Ryanair a couple of times to Italy from Stansted, with the kids in tow. Paid extra for priority boarding, well worth it to jump the queues. I had heard lots of horror stories about Ryanair, but had no complaints at all. On all 4 flights the crew were good, polite, and really helpful when my son didn't get the food he ordered. Once when we arrived at Stansted the Queen of Spain had just arrived on the plane next to us, so they are good enough for her!
      Backpacked round Australia 1992. Married Australian husband in Adelaide 1994. Lived in Adelaide 1994-1997. Moved back to UK & lived in Essex/Herts 1997-2009. Returned to Adelaide November 2009. 2 kids dual nationality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12