I pads

Guest Guest5035

I don't know if iPads are cheaper in the UK but I bought my one in the USA- when it was waaay cheaper, you know, just before the prices dropped here lol!- and it works just fine in Australia. Also worked without any probs when we had to pop back to the UK...and in all the airport lounges too!

I bought it from an Apple shop and was told that it was an international warranty which was another important (to me) consideration.

I love mine. I doubt whether I use it to its full potential as I'm not good with technology but now I can sit and 'watch' TV whilst playing on it. Which is why I'm suddenly on PiA again!

LC

Guest Adelaide_bound

I just wish they would put a bleeding USB port on it though so I could save stuff to a Pen drive - until they do I, unfortunately, cannot get badger to agree to one :(

(sorry. Badger is my husband lol)

If you know some one at uni or school they get them cheaper.

I used to work at the uni and got about 20% off(can not remember exact amount).

They would have to log on to the Apple site at school to find out the price you can not do it at home, They look at the server address.

You can also try with student card in the apple shop.

You can now get the tax back on your computer here in Oz if you have a child of student age.

Rob and Mel

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest5035

Decided to buy a Acer Android tablet yesterday, downloaded Skype onto it, only to find that the video from Skype doesn't work on Androids, only the voice, yet 6 different sales people had said it does. So took it back and the sales guy couldn't believe it, so he set it up and he was amazed it didn't. Skype are trying to get round this problem, i can't wait so bought the IPad 2.

Stevo