Rundle Mall smokers

Guest Guest5035

Have to say it was really noticeable in France, how many people were smoking when others were eating. One of those things you don't notice the absence of particularly here, until you go somewhere that doesn't have such strict rules!

I'm all for it

I'd ban fat people too -- oh no, that means no more Rundle Mall for me! Damn!!

Perhaps I'd just ban short men, and women carrying umbrellas at my eye level instead then! :wink: (that's me with my eye poked out by an umbrella spoke)

Guest cornish Busdriver

I'm a smoker but I agree smoking should be banned around eating area's, around kids or any confined space.

I won't smoke when someone is eating or if the person I'm speaking to doesn't smoke.

It's my choice to smoke and shouldn't be inflicted on others who don't or don't like it.

Shame you can't legally stop some people from breathing.

Guest bishop3912

Personally as a mum of 4 I agree totally with banning smoking around eating areas and areas where kids are. I am afraid I do also agree with banning smoking in shopping areas, having had a child burnt by a cigarette that someone was walking along smoking I think, not only of the health risks but the safety risk also. This rule has been in place in the UK for a while now and works really well, I must admit I was surprised when I landed out here and found people were still allowed to smoke in shopping areas/restaurants. And before anyone asks, I am an ex-smoker lol.

Guest Guest5035

I have the occasional smoke and all public eating and cafes etc etc and indoor shopping centres should be smoke free, but a street is different, what next on the path outside your house??

STEVO

how the hell are they going to police this rule i do not smoke around children or in eating areas but walking down the street :goofy:

This question was asked to Stephen Yarwood on the radio the other day, apparently they do already employ council people to police the anti-littering laws down Rundle Mall so it's envisioned those same people will stop people smoking too.

Guest tooeasy
This question was asked to Stephen Yarwood on the radio the other day, apparently they do already employ council people to police the anti-littering laws down Rundle Mall so it's envisioned those same people will stop people smoking too.

not a chance they have no powers to stop you if they try to you can just keep walking and there is not a thing they can do ridiculous rule as steve said next thing you will be banned from smoking on the path of your house

Guest Guest5035

If you read the article he says, parking inspectors will enforce it, firstly by asking you to put it out, then they can issue the fine, but you DO NOT have to give your name, then they can call the cops to enforce it. I just hope no granny is getting bashed at the time.

Stevo

not a chance they have no powers to stop you if they try to you can just keep walking and there is not a thing they can do ridiculous rule as steve said next thing you will be banned from smoking on the path of your house

Phew that's a relief, I read Stevo's post as saying he was going to come and smoke on the path outside MY house - was just getting my hosepipe ready!! Funnily enough (bearing in mind there is a park outside my house) I very rarely see anyone walking along smoking there, which is a big relief, especially in the summer months, when a carelessly discarded butt could cause fires!

Guest cornish Busdriver

What ever happend to the days when after a long day at work you could go to a pub, sit , chill, relax with a pint and a smoke.

Now theres bloody kids in pubs running round all over the place, smoking instead of kids was a lot better.

Guest loopylisa

I dont agree its political correctness gone mad its a health issue. I read this a week or so ago and I have to say I literally woo hoo'd and am ecstatically happy about this. Infact Id go as as to protest for a cause as strong as this. It's nice to see Adelaide take a lead on something like this and not be afraid to stand up and boldly put the health of the majority of its population first. If you smoke its one street out of the whole city. And if you smoke anywhere near me expect very dirty looks...:mad:

What ever happend to the days when after a long day at work you could go to a pub, sit , chill, relax with a pint and a smoke.

Now theres bloody kids in pubs running round all over the place, smoking instead of kids was a lot better.

This i definitely agree with....unless they're eating in the bistro and sitting down they should not be in any pub area..... and any running around should be told to leave!!!