Bin Collections here.

sueoc

Well,it has not gone unnoticed in our household how early the Binmen arrive each week!Sometimes at 6.20 am,or earlier.:frown:When they do arrive,it is out of the blue,only hear the engine about 40 seconds before lift off!:shocked:If you forget to put them out its one mad rush(even ran across the road a few times to place it next to theirs)The other thing is,as a lot of us are just arriving,and buying stuff,which comes well packaged in cardboard boxes and polystyrene etc,then it just wont do to forget to fill the bins on time and get them out there.I always think of the Movie'Saving Private Ryan' ,when the Soldiers were waiting for the Panzers to arrive,listening,whilst sat under the Steeple!:swoon:It must be great to have your bins emptied in the afternoon,so you can sort things out in a relaxed mode.:wink:

If you have loads of stuff can you not put your bin out the night before, and then refill it and put it over the road for it to be emptied again?

In the past I have asked the bin man if i can put some of the cardboard in the bin once its emptied for another empty.

Dont think you could do it again and again.

Rob and Mel

Guest tinkham_lee

They can come as early as 6 am and during the summer when its forecast 3 days above 35 degrees they can come as early as 5am. I always put the bins out the night before as ours gets collected around 6.15, Remember they also collect on all public holidays except Christmas day (when its collected the following day)

If the bin doesn't get collected on the scheduled day for whatever reason, and you put your bin away, the bin man has to get your bin and empty it.

Guest Woody and Jane

When it comes to bins I'm still in Manchester mode. Put the bins out in the morning so there's less chance a scrote will come along late at night and kick it over, or worse set it on fire. I reckon the chances of it happening here are pretty slim but I'm reluctant to let my guard down. Luckily they don't come down our road until after I've left for work but I do see them in the area well before 6am while out with the dogs.

If you have loads of stuff can you not put your bin out the night before, and then refill it and put it over the road for it to be emptied again?

In the past I have asked the bin man if i can put some of the cardboard in the bin once its emptied for another empty.

Dont think you could do it again and again.

Rob and Mel

What you do is sneak out after dark the night before and put all your extra rubbish in your neighbours' bins!

Guest Guest5035
What you do is sneak out after dark the night before and put all your extra rubbish in your neighbours' bins!

So that was you Diane.........................

We use our neighbours especially if the recycle and green garden waste bins are full.

Stevo