BBQ smoke in clothes

Guest loopylisa

Guest loopylisa

Ok So I was a real tool last night and anyway I used my housemates rain jacket to let my mate BBQ in the rain and now it smells like smoke. Its a karrimor rain jacket... how do I get the smoke out? Shes back in a week, will hanging it up with a bit of febreeze do the job? :jimlad:

You can't just use washing powder or detergents on those sorts of coats. It causes them to lose their waterproofing ability.

Read the care label and see if it can be professionally cleaned. Hang it outside somewhere dry to air might work, but that charcoal smell lingers like fag smoke somewhat.

FWIW I'd be well peed off if I came home and my waterproof coat was no longer as waterproof and smelled of lavender :cute: