out of school clubs/activities for 5-10 year olld girls

JimandBarbinAus

Hi all, I am mummy to a 5 year old little girl and are flying out next year (july). We are moving to port noarlunga initially and are hoping to rent and stay on in that area (seaford /marino). I was wondering what kind of activities for girls/young children are on offer in this area? I would quite like her to get involved in something like the brownies, oops soz think they call it rainbows now, and wondering do they have anything like this out there? Also any kind of ideas would be apreciated from people who are already out there so I can get an idea of whats on offer? ta muchly :)

Guest shella_n

The things my girls do/ want to do are swimming lessons, gymnastics, little nippers, horse riding. Afraid I can't help on the brownies thing but can certainly point you in right direction for the other stuff.

Hi

My daughters went to Girl Guides - I know in the UK girl guides are for older girls - but in AUS its slightly different and they can start from age5. My daughters used to go to the Moana one which is in the Memorial Hall in Moana (just by the beach)...they have a lovely group for younger girls.

Can totally recommend http://www.guidesaus.org.au/

There are also lots of dance schools around seaford/noarlunga area too

Sarahx

Hi all, I am mummy to a 5 year old little girl and are flying out next year (july). We are moving to port noarlunga initially and are hoping to rent and stay on in that area (seaford /marino). I was wondering what kind of activities for girls/young children are on offer in this area? I would quite like her to get involved in something like the brownies, oops soz think they call it rainbows now, and wondering do they have anything like this out there? Also any kind of ideas would be apreciated from people who are already out there so I can get an idea of whats on offer? ta muchly :)

You really will not struggle to find stuff for the kids to do it is the outdoor way of life here, It's hard but juts worry about getting here for now and all the rest will fall into place with school clubs and sports clubs all happening. Good luck