Australia v Ireland

Guest guest569

Hubby will be dragging himself out of bed (its his lie in morning) to watch this. Not often he gets a chance to cheer the Wallabies on. And at least they are not playing England therefore making it a tense atmosphere in our house. And usually resulting in England going to the final in more recent RWC's :biglaugh:

Ireland played very well and deserved the win, but I still think Australia will have no trouble with the USA or Russia games, and Italy/Ireland will be an interesting northern hemisphere contest, just means that the Wallabies may have to meete South Africa sooner rather than later, but the Welsh gave the South Africans a bit of a scare so no-one (oh okay, maybe the All Blacks) is looking invincible this year.

Guest nic lavidan

The Aussie team looked truly shocked at the end of that game! Nice to see the unexpected happening. Get bored with same old thing, really hope SA don't win/aren't in the final again. They did not used to award all those penalties I am sure. Think I must have a missed a few rounds of rule changes over the years. Definitely prefer rugby league, but enjoying the RWC nonetheless.