May need a dongle or whatever you call 'em out there!

Rammygirl

Hi will be in Adelaide for 15 nights via Sydney and Singapore next Easter. We need to link to the net and the apartment we will be staying in doesn't have access. We will be staying in the city so I know there are hotspots but........

Any advice on buying a dongle for the laptop not contract obviously but PAYG. Will one bought in UK work or will we have to buy in Oz?

Which is the best for coverage/price/speed etc??

Guest johnosmad
Hi will be in Adelaide for 15 nights via Sydney and Singapore next Easter. We need to link to the net and the apartment we will be staying in doesn't have access. We will be staying in the city so I know there are hotspots but........

Any advice on buying a dongle for the laptop not contract obviously but PAYG. Will one bought in UK work or will we have to buy in Oz?

Which is the best for coverage/price/speed etc??

Yeah, $100 will easily cover 15 days, I used a virgin wi-fi one, 4gb was $50 and we had 2 laptops and 2 iPods using and it would last us a month

I would pay the extra, and recommend Telstra if you need good coverage. I have not experienced telstra, but used 3 and vodafone (now the same company) and found coverage sketchy in rural areas such as shepperton, victoria, and mount gambier! fellow travellers at the time were using telstra no probs

you heading back again? for good?