C'mon Wales, c'mon France!

Guest Squareman

I'm sorry, I'm all for supporting Wales but if you're going to support France you may just become ineligible to be a member of POMS in Adelaide.... I expect there's a "Frogs in Adelaide" site somewhere you can join.....

Now where's the emoticon that's waving "goodbyeeeee"? Oh yes, it got used up for the Scotland team last week.....:biggrin:

Guest Squareman

Ooooooooh

There is no clear consensus, especially in an Australian context, as to whether the term Pom applies only to the english or to all Brits. Depending on who you speak to, the origin of the word either relates to 'Prisoner Of Mother England/her Majesty' or is a reference to the red flesh of a Pomigranite, which resembled the sunburnt flesh of BRITISH settlers. In the case of the former, there were many Scots, Welsh and Irish prisoners who came over on the convict ships too. Despite having a scottish accent, I have been referred to as a Pom on several occasions since arriving here.

Now where's the "your're on the next flight home" emoticon..........

Yeah we were rubbish and deserved to loose.

As an Englishman though I can't support the welsh, scots, or the Irish so it's France for me in the next game. And I've never met a welsh, scot, or Irish man that supports the English so you will all understand.

I'll gladly support the Welsh, they have the attitude and application that England completely lacked. The spirit of the game is important and the Welsh have shown the right one. All the best to them, they haven't shirked their responsibility.

Cooler

As per the opening post, now England are out (completely robbed) i am an honery Frenchman for the next game.

Come on France beat the Welsh !!!!!

There is no such thing as an 'honoury Frenchman', that is contradiction of terms.... I'll be supporting the Taffs all the way, if it's a Wales v Australia final then I'll be routing for the Aussies.

Let's get real, from my experience most of the Welsh or Scottish sports fans I know would support anyone except England in any match and I can accept that, so it cuts both ways. But the Welsh 100% HAVE to beat the French. I'll be en-route to Australia whilst the match is being played which is a great shame.

England are out because they deserved to be out, and although I really, really, really hate to say this, the French were a far better team on the day (now I'll have to wash my mouth out !!)

Martin Johnson passes away many years from now and after pulling a few strings, makes it into heaven. St Peter meets him at the gates and shows him the way to his house, it's a modest house, tidy green, little English flag outside, Johnson is happy enough but then looks up and sees a huge castle on a hill top its painted red, welsh flags everywhere, dragons roaming around the fields around it Ahh don’t tell me I suppose it Gareth Edwards house? “says Johnson" or JPR Williams? Possibly some Welsh legend? "No mate", replies St Peter THAT.....is GODS house!