Earth moved

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

Here i am on nights and my son rang me at 0245am, i thought whats going on, he said the ground had shaken and things rattled in the house, i said is your sister awake, he replied no, i said congratulations!!...he said what..... i said never mind!!

It actually turns out there was a earth tremor of 3.3 somewhere:wink:

Stevo

Guest The Dimmocks

It woke me up. Was nothing liked the one I experienced in the black country a few years back but the house definately moved. Asked hubby this morning if he felt the house move, think he thought I had been on something LOL

For anyone that understands these things...

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude

Date-Time

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 15:52:25 UTC

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at 01:22:25 AM at epicenter

35.034°S, 138.671°E

Depth

17 km (10.6 miles)

Region

NEAR THE COAST OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Distances

12 km (7 miles) SSE of ADELAIDE, South Australia, Australia

258 km (160 miles) E of Port Lincoln, South Australia, Australia

644 km (400 miles) WNW of MELBOURNE, Victoria, Australia

961 km (597 miles) W of CANBERRA, A.C.T., Australia

Location Uncertainty

horizontal +/- 46.4 km (28.8 miles); depth +/- 14 km (8.7 miles)

Parameters

Nph= 0, Dmin=0 km, Rmss=1.46 sec, Gp= 0,

M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=3

Source

Magnitude: Geoscience Australia, Canberra, ACT, Australia

(personally I just think my brother in law in Glenalta just had a big curry last night.....)

Guest Guest5035
. Wierd feeling, and very hard to sleep with that adrenalin rushing through you afterwards!

Oh Diane, are you talking about the tremor or another type of tremor!!:huh::huh::huh::wink:

Stevo

Shook me out of bed felt like a big bomb blast was weird didnt know what it was until i came to work, weird feeling :biggrin:

LOL even though we missed the last one coz we were away on holiday, OH knew straight away what this one was - if the shakng hadn't woken me, I'm sure the fact he sat bolt upright and said "S**T, That was an earthquake" would have done the trick!!

Guest loopylisa

I was awak e cus I coouldt sleep. Was google talking my mum in UK and when I told her she got wseen is on adelaide now. orried. The whoe house shook here in clovelly park and I have never experienced an earthquake but instantly knew what it was. Stayed up for a while afterwards seeing if it would be in the news but the only news report I have seen is on adelaide now