Julia Gillard the right thing

Guest Guest5035

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest5035
And she did something I totally disagree with. I loathe Julia Guillard more than ever now.....! Cheeky ***** cow!

I don't like Juliar either or her policies, but she got something right, why should she curtsy to the Queen, this is Australia.

Stevo

Simply because Her Majesty IS still Julia 'Whiny' Guillard's Queen, Stevo. She's yours too, whether you like it or not. A curtsey to our Sovereign is simply a mark of respect, that's all. No big deal for The Queen. Bad manners doesn't faze HM. But it does me!! I'm a full-on Traditionalist through to my bones and will stay that way 'til I pop my clogs. When Australia becomes a Republic -- which I believe will happen one day, and rightly so -- because Oz is all grown-up now and should definitely stand alone (although I still think a lot of Aussies don't want that to happen) -- then JWG can do what she likes; but until that day comes, the Prime Minister of Australia should bluddy-well show some respect to her Queen!! She and Cherie Blair are peas from the same pod! And I loathe them both!!

I don't like Juliar either or her policies, but she got something right, why should she curtsy to the Queen, this is Australia.

Stevo

Guest Adelaide_bound

Surely it doesn't matter if Her Maj is your Queen or not - would you bow/curstey for the King of Fiji? Of course you would, its a sign of respect, earnt by the many many many many hours of public service and tedious people, ala Guillard, that they have to endure.

Does this mean if we ever meet Ms Guillard we can refuse to shake her hand? No, that would equally be rude.

Its called common manners, obviously something Ms Guillard doesn't have. It says more about her and Australia unfortunately (rightly or (as I believe), wrongly) than it does the Monarchy imho.

I am admittedly completely and utterly ignorant of Guillard's politiks at the moment (will change once we get nearer to being in Oz, enough to keep up with present country at the moment!), so this doesn't come from any ideas about her - just that she thinks she is obviously far more superior than others, and therefore obviously too far up her own ar*e.

Oh, well said, Adelaide_bound!!! Couldn't have put it better myself!! Respect.

Surely it doesn't matter if Her Maj is your Queen or not - would you bow/curstey for the King of Fiji? Of course you would, its a sign of respect, earnt by the many many many many hours of public service and tedious people, ala Guillard, that they have to endure.

Does this mean if we ever meet Ms Guillard we can refuse to shake her hand? No, that would equally be rude.

Its called common manners, obviously something Ms Guillard doesn't have. It says more about her and Australia unfortunately (rightly or (as I believe), wrongly) than it does the Monarchy imho.

I am admittedly completely and utterly ignorant of Guillard's politiks at the moment (will change once we get nearer to being in Oz, enough to keep up with present country at the moment!), so this doesn't come from any ideas about her - just that she thinks she is obviously far more superior than others, and therefore obviously too far up her own ar*e.

Guest Guest5035

i don't bow to anyone..........only the wife.....and the "Aussies" that don't want a republic are the old fa##s who were brought up in her reign..in the uk..and now live here

stevo

With respect, mdb: What on earth do you find even remotely offensive/racist about this minor exchange between grown-ups?? That's the trouble today; people are being made to feel guilty about saying something that comes from the heart. It's what I call Loyalty; not racist or offensive in any way, shape or form. There's no harm in that, surely?

Consistency please mods! I find this offensive/racist

Fair enough. Different strokes for different folks, and Each to Their Own and all the rest of it... Fair do's, cobber etc...!

i don't bow to anyone..........only the wife.....and the "Aussies" that don't want a republic are the old fa##s who were brought up in her reign..in the uk..and now live here

stevo

Guest Guest5035

its the way it comes across, i've been modded and red carded a few times because of the way it sounds, check out my record....

stevo

ps... i love the mods:jiggy:

Guest Guest5035
Fair enough. Different strokes for different folks, and Each to Their Own and all the rest of it... Fair do's, cobber etc...!

i see you are retired yourself and have lived here twice for a total of 24 years..

stevo:wink:

That's sweet, Stevo. I'm not red-carding you. Tell you what, though: it wasn't that many years ago when traditional Dinky Di Aussies of the toughest and best kind, used to really love our Queen.

I think it's sad how things have changed so much now. She's not a bad old stick, you know. And she loves you to bits, believe it or not.x

its the way it comes across, i've been modded and red carded a few times because of the way it sounds, check out my record....

stevo

ps... i love the mods:jiggy:

Guest Guest5035

You are quite right, she completely lost my vote and millions of others on the way Diana's death was treated, she can tell me she loves me whilst she's here this week, i'll even give her a iced coffee, but i won't bow. Is she on Facebook along with horse face Camilla.

Stevo

Guest Guest5035
Now why did that comment of yours make me smile??? But your point is .....?

Actually, I reckon you're having a lend of me. And that makes me smile, too. You're okay.

Me have a lend.....you seem okay youself girl, lets have a beer when you get here and celebrate your 3rd coming, i'll even take you to a british pub....The Queens head:jiggy:

stevo

With respect, mdb: What on earth do you find even remotely offensive/racist about this minor exchange between grown-ups?? That's the trouble today; people are being made to feel guilty about saying something that comes from the heart. It's what I call Loyalty; not racist or offensive in any way, shape or form. There's no harm in that, surely?

It was a reference to an earlier thread; you obviously haven’t followed recent threads on here when much lesser statements about countries and nationality have been seriously reprimanded!

Enjoyed that bit of banter, stevo. Well, it's 10 past midnight here, so I'm about to hit the sack! Enjoyed chatting. G'night!!

Me have a lend.....you seem okay youself girl, lets have a beer when you get here and celebrate yoIur 3rd coming, i'll even take you to a british pub....The Queens head:jiggy:

stevo

Ok MDB just to keep you happy I've edited Barbaitch comment (hope you don't mind Barbaitch) to remove all reference to Julia's roots (and I mean that word in the aussiest possible way!) and have edited Stevo's comment to make sure he got the dead royal *******'s name right!

FWIW I don't mind Julia - I think she's doing a tough job in a still predominantly male world, but she should have bowed or curtsied to the woman who is still - like it or lump it - her monarch. She is atheist but still lowers her head during the Lord's Prayer at the opening of parliament after all. If you want to be given respect, you need to give it out and she failed on this occasion. Good old GG though - looked elegant, poised and polite. Now there's a lady who was brought up proper....

And so say all of us ...!

Ok MDB just to keep you happy I've edited Barbaitch comment (hope you don't mind Barbaitch) to remove all reference to Julia's roots (and I mean that word in the aussiest possible way!) and have edited Stevo's comment to make sure he got the dead royal slapper's name right!

FWIW I don't mind Julia - I think she's doing a tough job in a still predominantly male world, but she should have bowed or curtsied to the woman who is still - like it or lump it - her monarch. She is atheist but still lowers her head during the Lord's Prayer at the opening of parliament after all. If you want to be given respect, you need to give it out and she failed on this occasion. Good old GG though - looked elegant, poised and polite. Now there's a lady who was brought up proper....

Guest Guest5035

The GG is another of the monarchs waste of money and a oldie, what does he/she do except sit there, nod there heads, look poised/elegant/polite and say i love you my Queen and spend taxpayers money, and nearly forgot...curtsy alot.

DIANE :rolleyes:, if your namesake was a slapper, what about her ex husband and his sister and other brother, again the public saw DIANA as a breath of fresh air amongst the inbreds, that why KATE (no relation to KTEE ):rolleyes: is so popular,

stevo

PS Barbaitch, MDB is a little upset still from the Welsh losing last week,

PPS http://www.theroyalforums.com/3851-bowing-and-curtseying/ first paragraph says it all.

She was NOT my namesake, my name is COMPLETELY different to hers, I would not want to be associated in any way, even in something as small as this, with a woman who had no consideration for the feelings of her young sons when she decided to air all her - and their father's - dirty laundry in public and a more self-seeking, publicity hungry, mentally deranged person has not been seen in the royal family since King George III (who at least didn't pretend to be holier than thou whilst shagging anything and everything that moved!)

The GG is female btw - pretty historic day when the head of state, governor general, and prime minister are all women imho! Wonder if The Mad Monk will bow when he meets the Queen??

Guest MrsHills

They wonder why Countries are in so much trouble, because people dont have any respect! If JG doesnt show any to the Queen, why should any child/teenager/adult show any to their wife/partner/friends/parent/police/courts/teachers etc etc etc ....dont get me started!