Scoopon

Guest MrsHills

I have found that these so called deals aren't all they are cracked up to be. Some are good but some are sneaky so check that they are a good deal before you buy.

A restaurant local to me recently advertised a deal on one of those websites ... a tapas plate for 2 and a bottle of wine for $48. The thing is their tapas are $9.90 each and the wine is around $15 a bottle. Usually when you order a tapas you might order 4 different ones which is nearly $40 and then the bottle of wine on top but usually you only want a glass so that would be abt $7 a glass. This deal was saying that you were saving 50% when you actually were not saving much at all!

Just check before you buy, thats all I'm saying.

Guest Mitchell

There's normally a link to the website of the company so I check that out first then read the conditions so I know what I'm getting. I've done two different wine tours and got my car cleaned so far. Bargain!

Guest Guest5035

My beloved and daughter went to a hair/nail place if i remember in North adelaide, only to find it derelict, but they got a full refund. But that was the rotten egg in heaps we have bought.

I don't think Mrs Scoopon has gone wrong, where is Diane when you need her...

stevo

Here I am! Done quite a few of the meal ones - but none of the beauty ones (which no-one who knows me will be at all surprised about!). Some are obviously better than others and the key thing is - once you have bought the voucher, don't forget to use it before its expiry date!! I'm sure a lot of places rely on something like 30% of the people who have paid up front never actually redeeming the vouchers, which must make up for some of the money they must lose on some offers.

Probably the best value one we've done recently was at Cafe Quisine in the City where for a $49 voucher we got 2 bruschettas, 2 starters (any choice), 2 main meals (any choice), 2 desserts (any choice) and a bottle of wine (any choice!)

Well, after we'd double checked the last bit, and got it confirmed we had the most delicious bottle of wine - menu price was $34 - and an excellent meal! I think the only thing we had extra was coffee/tea at the end. Some places will try and persuade you to have extras that aren't included: Dhaba at the Spice Kitchen I think we went to recently tried to persuade us to have some nibbles while we decided what we were going to eat - until we found out that these cost about $10 per head, and on that one drinks weren't included, nor was rice, so you have to be sure to check out the small print.

As in lots of of things, it's buyer beware! Worth registering though as that costs nothing, and it just takes a few minutes a day to read through your emails and delete any you're not interested in.

I guess the other thing is you need to live within easy reach of the city, where most of the restaurants are, and you don't have to pay out for babysitters. Hence why Stevo and I both are keen scooponers!!!