Having a wee moan

Guest weelou

I am having one of thoughs days that I just thought I would have a wee moan, Why would the southeren Austrian government give people state sponsership and theres no work for peoples trades. My hubby is a Bricklayer with over 25years experiance was working in Scotland and came over here and theres no work...I mean come on...thanks thats my moan finished haha..:arghh:

Totally sucks and I feel for you guys...unemployment can take some of the shine out of the sunshine for sure :sad:

That said, it's been a long time since we've been involved with visas or state sponsorship so I could be wrong, but isn't it that the advertised skill shortages may not be in the Adelaide area but can be in South Australia as a whole?

Whatever, good luck and here's hoping a great job comes along soon.

LC

we figure that immigrants coming over stimulates economy with all the things they buy, furniture houses, cars etc. Then if there is no work they leave and no centrelink payments!

As said before, the building trade is very slow.Theres no point in denying it. The chances of a newbie finding work is limited.Theres a lot of people out of work at the moment. I joined them last week!!!!doh

Remember though this is the worst time to be looking for work - Nov/Dec/Jan are the worst months to be out of work and the worst time to come over in my opinion. Things will improve but there is always this slow down, I have wrote on other threads about this. Having said that when I was working as a Business Trainer and Assessor leading up to Christmas last year I had 15 jobs on offer for admin/office roles and my students were not interested!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jo&Phil

I'm sure he's already tried all the major home building companies .... many of the guys working on home sites may be sub contractors so it could be worth driving round and asking a few if they know of any work ..........I see you're in FH, there's a few new houses going up there

They are still sponsering primary teachers..which is an absolute joke!!!! More chance of winning the lotto than securing permanent employment!!!

Is that the same for rural SA though? Or just the metro regions? Even Australian born, bred and trained teachers often find they have to do a stint somewhere beyond the black stump at some stage in their careers.

• 2 weeks later...
Is that the same for rural SA though? Or just the metro regions? Even Australian born, bred and trained teachers often find they have to do a stint somewhere beyond the black stump at some stage in their careers.

Unfortunately the old rule of doing a stint in the country to secure permanent employment in adelaide metro is no longer valid. In 10 years time sa will be begging for teachers to come here...but what to do in the meantime!!!!!!