Anyone own a boat?

Diane

Apparently for anyone that owns a boat worth more than $25k, the insurance companies are sending information through to the tax office, where the tax officials will match up the cost of the boat with your tax return, and if it doesn't look like you are earning enough on paper to afford such a boat, they will be making serious enquiries as to how you managed it!

Don't you just love the nanny state?!!!

As a non-boat owner myself, I'm with you 100% Tina!

Just hope they don't have a look at my eating out habits too closely, or I'll have to show them my daily-deal purchasing history as justification!!

haha that was steve's comment diane but I'm with you but mine is what i spend on chocolate!! which i should be able toclaim off my tax as I NEED that for myjob!! ;)

Guest Guest75

Under certain circumstances they can actually be a tax deduction.

Don't be so quick to judge...............

Lots of not having luxuries can lead to bigger treats, I've eaten a lot of tins of beans in my time.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

The have nots may just have not got clever............