Terry's Chocolate Orange

Guest Roo1

In our family its a kind of a tradition to give Terry's Chocolate Oranges to the kids as stocking fillers. I went in search for them yesterday and found them in abundance at the sweety shop at Hallett Cove Mall.

However, I didn't buy ANY as they wanted..........wait for it........ $10 for one!!!!:mad:

Come on people, $10! How much are they in the UK now? I do understand the price hike for shipping etc but come on, really?

AND there was a tin of Quality Street there (highlighted as "from the UK"!!) They wanted $39 for it :wacko:

If anyone knows where I can buy the T.C.O from at a more reasonable price. Please let me know.

Ok, feel better now I've got that off my chest.

Merry Christmas! Ba, humbug.........

Just seen they have 2 for $4 on www.groceryrun.com.au

Thanks, will tell the fiancé, she being Aussie doesn't see the point in them but I've had one every year for Xmas as long as I can remember, the sound of bashing one on the floor to break it into segments is music to my ears on Christmas morning

Guest guest3462

They have after eights in woollies too! I got my TCO from woolies last week for $4.50 and a box of the segments from coles Aldinga for $6 yum yum!! Also tins of celebrations are $14.99 again in coles! No quality streets yet though.......

Guest Guest5035
Certainly miss some chocolate (I prefer dark and nutty myself rather than milk choc flavoured with orange) but I've lost 3 kilos since I arrived so I'm telling myself - "I DON'T NEED CHOCOLATE" and I'm sooo much better off without it (who am I kidding?)

i'm with you on this one, but i'm down 2k looking for another 2, no more choccie for me, lots of fruit..

stevo

A note from Nestle regarding the availabilty of British products in Australia:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Quality Streets

Taste preferences of consumers can sometimes vary markedly between different countries hence, the NESTLE product range will vary from country to country.

Unfortunately, this product is not available in Australia at this time. Consumer research has indicated that demand here would not be sufficient to warrant the importation of this product. Some specialty confectionary shops may stock it from time to time.

Our product range is constantly under review and we will take your comments on board.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to contact us and for the interest you have shown in our company.

Sincerely,

Hannah Orlik

FOOD ADVISER

Guest Tterrier81

Consumer research has indicated that demand here would not be sufficient to warrant the importation of this product. Some specialty confectionary shops may stock it from time to time.

how can demand not be high, every coles in adelaide sold out within days