New Years Resolutions ?

minty

Know someone who has been all of 2011 without chocolate! that was her resolution...

Not sure what mine are going to be achieved quite a lot this year... Got my bronze, lost weight, now really fit, need a new challenge my current one will be over before the end of Jan

Suppose I should apply some thought to it hhhmmm

Put on weight, lose some fitness and not win the lotto.....(am hoping reverse psychology will work......):biggrin:

Well I've broken one of my New Year's Resolutions. Reverse psychology does work...... I won the lotto - although technically it was on the 31-12-11.....still may be I am on to a winning idea/streak here. Not that I am going to be able to retire on it or anything......it didn't quite cover the cost of the ticket.....still a win though......

Each New Year end / beginning (depending on whether we do it NYE or in the few days after) we write a list of our blessings and high points from the year. Started it after one particularly bad year and it was amazing to still count lots of good things we were grateful in that year, helped our perspective. Now I just like doing that (and wish I could remember which notebook it is we write it down in so we can do it again!!!).

I also am setting "goals" for the year rather than resolutions because they are goals for the course of the year rather than a resolution which I am likely to fail on in a few days (or shorter, if it is anything to do with chocolate!!!!).

I am setting goals with and for each of the children, DH and I will set some for our family and for us personally. I guess they are too boring for sharing but they are things like:

Teach DS3 to read

Toilet train DD1

A saving goal

Organise the house better / make sure it is a blessing to ourselves, and to others...

actually I had more but I can't remember them now. Good idea to write them down!!!!!

Guest leeannekays

Mine is to try stop worrying about everything and let things flow abit more. I worry about our move over and hubby getting his 2 licences done on time and worrying about the sale of the house. And dealing with my mum who is so upset by our move. Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sure it will be worth it. Does everyone feel like this or felt like this?

Leeanne x

Guest RobJ1978

Hi,

Happy New Year to you all:jiggy:

Mine is that i'm going to learn that word...erm...it only has two letters....why can't i say it.....oh thats it...... NO!!!!!!! After going with the flow this xmas (as it will hopefully be our last for a while here) we have had a crap time, just pleasing everyone else...mainly my parents.

Nic.x.

Nic.x.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Happy New Year to you all :jiggy:

Mine is to sod everyone else! I'm going to do what I want to do with my life from now on. I'm not going to worry about what anyone else thinks or get upset over other people anymore, we've come to realise over last few months they're just not worth all the grief and aggro! All that matters is that me, hubby and the kids are happy and healthy.

So here's to new beginnings.... :smile:

Oh and to losing weight, getting fit, and drinking lots of nice South Australian wine :wink:

Guest Sachertorte

New Year Mantra for us:

"This is our life

This is our chance

The hell with the jealous people who want us to lose the desire to live our lives"

Ahhh, feels better each time I repeat it :cool:

Happy New Year everyone

:jiggy:

Mine is to try stop worrying about everything and let things flow abit more. I worry about our move over and hubby getting his 2 licences done on time and worrying about the sale of the house. And dealing with my mum who is so upset by our move. Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sure it will be worth it. Does everyone feel like this or felt like this?

You are not alone, Leeanne! I am also trying desperately not to worry about selling the house or dealing with parent emotions! Aaaaaahhhhhh! It will all come good in the end, I'm sure!

Lyn x