Funny Movies

Guest mark&rachel

Guest Barney Rubble
So many but my all time favourites has to be the Monty Python films and the most recent one is the Inbetweeners.

Chris.

Yep agreed,

Add in Friends with Benefits, you have to pay attention though, lost count how many times we had to rewind it (Wifes blonde, say no more:huh:)

Not sure how funny everyone will think it is but we love The Castle (and the Dish- dish not that funny except it has some really funny moments. Although we watched it in the cinema in the UK and I guess its more of an Aussie taste cos there were a few bits where we were the only ones laughing... I count my sense of humour as adopted australian cos been married to an aussie for 11 yrs its kind of all much of a muchness these days!).

Love the castle cos its legendary.

Yeah, The Castle, The Dish, Muriel's Wedding, Anchorman, Dodgeball and Stepbrothers are our favs. And the films we use quotes from all the time!

Apparently-and this was just what I've heard so don't know if it's for real- The Castle had some parts over dubbed for the American market so they could understand the humour!

LC

The Castle and The Dish are great for Aussie humour. Also Wog Boy and the Kings of Mykonos are very funny from an Australian Italian/Greek perspective. Watched the very old Adventures of Barry McKenzie for the first time the other day (with a very youthful Dame Edna) - extremely dated (think Benny Hill) and a mixture of funny and awful at the same time. Helps explain a lot of the old-fashioneded 'pom' humour/prejudice you get here.

Other classics are There's Something about Mary, Meet the Parents and more recently It's Complicated. And of course Animal House.

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest75

Futtock's End for me.... Yep,The Castle................... But how can you miss out Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with Steve Martin and Michael Caine?? Such an unlikely pairing but such fun!......Ruprect..................He,he........mi ght do my version at the meet tomorrow. Not doubt Lazy Cow will call it my normal behaviour.