Adelaide to Perth

shorty

Hi,

Due to the lack of employment opportunities here we're thinking of trying Perth for a year. We've been in Adelaide for 6 years and love it but Perth has always been at the back of our heads. We couldn't go there when we first got here as we came on the SIR visa.

Has anyone made this move?

Has anyone driven to Perth from Adelaide?

Any recommendations on movers?

Thanks

Jo

Guest Jennet

Mmm my husband is from Perth came to England as a very unhappy 10yr old, we will be moving to SA in July/August as i feel more comfortable going there as i have many friends there who are willing to help us, my husband is ok with this but would prefer to go back to Perth, once we are settled Perth will be one of the holidays for us to take so we can have a look around and then see what the options are he keeps saying it has a good climate but my friend in SA says SA is not much different apart from perth has longer summers. I find Perth expensive and i think it will be more difficult to start off financially, we would have to rent ASAP as we are staying with friends to start with in SA Perth is not ruled out i have been to SA not perth and i feel more happier that my girls already have friends waiting for them. But for jobs i am starting to become concerned about what SA has to offer!!:skeptical:

Guest Adelaide_bound

We're planning on driving from Perth to Adelaide probably around the end of March time, so keep an eye on our blog site for how that goes (sorry, would say I would post back here but a)I'll forget and b) might not have time to post much on here then).

We drove Adelaide to Perth and back again late April 2010. We broke the journey into 4 days - driving for approximately 6-8hrs a day, the worst section (for us) was from Pt Augusta to Ceduna. It can be done quicker but why rush?! Scenery was completly different to what we expected and some is breath taking and the people....... interesting...

We did this trip with 2 dogs and a then 4 year old with no problems and would do it again. Perth is a lovely city, busier than Adelaide but for us - isolated

Perth summers are much the same as in Adelaide. But the winters are not so cold.

I do not notice the prices being much different now, certainly the cost of utilities are less in Perth. I compare them often with my daughter who still lives in Adelaide.

Guest Jennet

yeah its a difficult situation, i know adelaide has become more expensive now than in 2003 when i was suppose to go first time but personal reasons didn't. i think its knowing more people in adelaide than knowing no one in Perth made my decision to head to Adelaide first. but will go to perth for a holiday to check it out but if we don't get jobs we may have to think on a decision earlier, before the girls get too comfortable.

• 1 month later...