We're Homeless - What A Great Feeling!!

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

I've not been on for what seems like ages, but life has been a bit hectic! We had the shippers in on the 13/14th December. I had a bit of a meltdown in the 24 hours before they arrived, no sleep and lots of panicking and stressing over it all but it felt like they packed up all my stress along with all our stuff! They did a great job, just got to keep everything crossed for when it all arrives in Oz now! It felt very weird being in the empty house though. Then on the 15th we became officially homeless and what a great feeling that was.

I flew down with the kids and had Xmas with the inlaws, hubby stayed up north to finish work but will be flying down to join us on Tuesday so can't wait to see him. Once he gets here we can chill for a couple of weeks before we head down under. I think everything is sorted for when we arrive so I have nothing left to stress about for now lol, just can't wait to be there now and start our new life.

Happy New Year!!

Guest Heather2011
I've not been on for what seems like ages, but life has been a bit hectic! We had the shippers in on the 13/14th December. I had a bit of a meltdown in the 24 hours before they arrived, no sleep and lots of panicking and stressing over it all but it felt like they packed up all my stress along with all our stuff! They did a great job, just got to keep everything crossed for when it all arrives in Oz now! It felt very weird being in the empty house though. Then on the 15th we became officially homeless and what a great feeling that was.

I flew down with the kids and had Xmas with the inlaws, hubby stayed up north to finish work but will be flying down to join us on Tuesday so can't wait to see him. Once he gets here we can chill for a couple of weeks before we head down under. I think everything is sorted for when we arrive so I have nothing left to stress about for now lol, just can't wait to be there now and start our new life.

Happy New Year!!

Congrats and good look,it must be a great feeling...

Guest RobJ1978

Oh good look....glad they took the stress away with them, enjoy your last few days in the cold weather. Where abouts you going?

So excited for ya!!!!!

Nic.x.

Well done! Sounds like you're all sorted and can enjoy the last few days in the uk. I know what you mean....would love to have that 'homeless' feeling right now! Really want to get our house sold ASAP then it will all feel real!

Good luck with the move and the start of your new adventure!

Lyn x

Guest leeannekays

We sold our house on 1/12/2011 and felt so glad but am waiting now for it to all go through, icant wait for the shippers to come and collect all out things then the house sale to be completed and move to my mums for about 8 weeks before we fly to our new adventure. Not sure how living with my mum will go. We have shipping with John Mason and may have our things go in storage for a month, it depends how quick our house goes through. Doe anyone know of it's expensive for the shipping to hod things in storage?

Leeanne

Guest wayney34

good luck with everything, hope it all goes smoothly for you and we get to have that drink on the beach by the end of the year. keep in touch and let us now where you are.

Guest eclare

Congratulations enjoy the remaining time you have in the UK. I'm looking forward to that feeling. Shippers coming 25th & 26th Jan and house will no longer be ours on 27th! Not arriving in Adelaide until 21 April but lots of fun stuff planned en route! Happy travels Mrs Bon Jovi and family! x

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Oh good look....glad they took the stress away with them, enjoy your last few days in the cold weather. Where abouts you going?

So excited for ya!!!!!

Nic.x.

Thanks Nic. We are heading down south, starting off in Willunga for first few weeks and looking to get a long term rental sorted somewhere around the Mclaren Vale/Willunga area.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
We sold our house on 1/12/2011 and felt so glad but am waiting now for it to all go through, icant wait for the shippers to come and collect all out things then the house sale to be completed and move to my mums for about 8 weeks before we fly to our new adventure. Not sure how living with my mum will go. We have shipping with John Mason and may have our things go in storage for a month, it depends how quick our house goes through. Doe anyone know of it's expensive for the shipping to hod things in storage?

Leeanne

Good luck with it all Leeanne. It is such a good feeling when it is all finally sorted. I've been living with the inlaws for a fortnight now and that's always been about my limit lol, any longer and it does my head in so hoping the next 3 weeks pass really quickly as I can feel all the silly little things starting to niggle me now.

Don't know about John Mason but I know our shippers offered free storage this end if we'd wanted it, think it was 4 weeks if I remember rightly so I'd give yours a ring and see what they say

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Congratulations enjoy the remaining time you have in the UK. I'm looking forward to that feeling. Shippers coming 25th & 26th Jan and house will no longer be ours on 27th! Not arriving in Adelaide until 21 April but lots of fun stuff planned en route! Happy travels Mrs Bon Jovi and family! x

Bet you can't wait now, you've going to have a great time on your travels. Enjoy the adventure!

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
good luck with everything, hope it all goes smoothly for you and we get to have that drink on the beach by the end of the year. keep in touch and let us now where you are.

Thanks chick! Will have that bottle chilling for you when you arrive, we'll have earned it after all this, that's for sure!!

Guest AceOfSpades

Good Luck with everything! I know what you mean we are currently living like squatters until our flights!! Everything packed and gone before Xmas even the presents for the kids!! LOL

Happy New Year! x

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Good Luck with everything! I know what you mean we are currently living like squatters until our flights!! Everything packed and gone before Xmas even the presents for the kids!! LOL

Happy New Year! x

I hid some of the kids Xmas pressies in our wardrobe and only remembered about them after the packers had gone so the'll be waiting a while for them now lol. It really will be like Xmas when we get our stuff in Oz :biglaugh:

Hi Clare,

We're also arriving in Adelaide 21 April 2012! Spending a couple of weeks in Melbourne with relatives before heading off down the Great Ocean Road with

our two girls and dog in tow. Stopping at Apollo Bay, Port Fairy and Robe en route for 5 nights before arrival when real life kicks in. Luckily my husbands job comes with a house so we won't have that homeless feeling, shippers coming 28/29th March, couple of nights at my sisters then fly straight out. Luckily we sold our house years ago(!) but it's been a real stress waiting on the visa grant.

Hope all goes well for you and good luck everyone on this mad adventure!

Guest eclare

How bizarre, you are doing almost the exact the same trip as us! My dad lives in the Morington Peninsular, so catching up with and friends in Melbourne. We are currently planning our Great Ocean Road trip. We will get the Sorrento ferry across to the Geelong side then plan to stop off in Port Fairy, possibly head up into Dunkeld then drop back down to the coast into SA, and do Robe etc! Its going to be a great trip. We plan to leave mid/late March and will stop off in Dubai and Singapore for a couple of nights, should get to Melbourne no later than end March.

What age are your girls? We have no job to go to hope hope we will find employment reasonably quickly.

Thanks for your wishes and good luck to you too!

Hi Clare,

Yes, doing the Sorrento ferry also as we're staying in Frankston south with a cousin before setting off. Also have another cousin in Berwick and an Aunt near Dandenong who we're looking forward to seeing. We have no jobs to go to as yet, have contacted a few companies who are not really interested unless you are there and ready to work so it is a bit of a worry. However what a fantastic experience in our lives. Our girls are 11 and 12 and really looking forward to it so hoping they settle quickly and buy into the Ozzie lifestyle. We're in Melbourne from 4th - 15th April, if you are around during those dates and fancy meeting up then pm us.

Either way enjoy your trip!