OMG - it just hit me!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound

Argh - hubby just back from driving test - Hurrah! He passed! And it just hit me - we are leaving in 41 days and there is still EVERYTHING to do it seems. Argh!

My first panic over things - I've been soooo laid back and calm, and it just hit me just how much there is to do - hubby still has some orders to finish off, we have nearly the whole house to sell off, still have to book the removals (waiting for Pickfords to get back to me with their best best price), have family send offs in Feb, need to sort out the rogue ex landlord who is trying to make us Bankrupt (doesn't have a leg to stand on, but unfortunately due to the way the system works of guilty until proven innocent we have to spend some time sorting it all out), need to get uk drivers license sorted out, need to see doctor (doing next week), need to see dentist and possibly have new crowns, which we don't have time for now, need to get rid of whole house of stuff (ok, already mentioned that, but SUCH a massive task, its worth mentioning twice) and.....argh!

So....if anyone is coming back/knows anyone in the Midlands/Coventry area that needs anything at all, and I mean ANYTHING, house wise, we are selling/giving away nearly everything, so pm me, or get them to pm me or something....argh. Nervous break down ahoy!

(and breathe. Stress over, and done with now. thank you for letting me get that off my chest lol)

Argh - hubby just back from driving test - Hurrah! He passed! And it just hit me - we are leaving in 41 days and there is still EVERYTHING to do it seems. Argh!

My first panic over things - I've been soooo laid back and calm, and it just hit me just how much there is to do - hubby still has some orders to finish off, we have nearly the whole house to sell off, still have to book the removals (waiting for Pickfords to get back to me with their best best price), have family send offs in Feb, need to sort out the rogue ex landlord who is trying to make us Bankrupt (doesn't have a leg to stand on, but unfortunately due to the way the system works of guilty until proven innocent we have to spend some time sorting it all out), need to get uk drivers license sorted out, need to see doctor (doing next week), need to see dentist and possibly have new crowns, which we don't have time for now, need to get rid of whole house of stuff (ok, already mentioned that, but SUCH a massive task, its worth mentioning twice) and.....argh!

So....if anyone is coming back/knows anyone in the Midlands/Coventry area that needs anything at all, and I mean ANYTHING, house wise, we are selling/giving away nearly everything, so pm me, or get them to pm me or something....argh. Nervous break down ahoy!

(and breathe. Stress over, and done with now. thank you for letting me get that off my chest lol)

woooah girl chill. Stress attack won't help. A few early mornings at car boot sales will do the trick. 10mins will book the dentist, couple hous in the dentist chair will give you lots of time to plan!!!!

41 days and your SA - thats not bad news that goodnews. :-)

IrishSTew (OH)

Guest Angie12

Sounds very stressful , but if you take a mo everything will be just fine and work out in the end .

Too be honest we've got about 6 wks and i'm stressing but keeping it to myself so know exactly what your going through:wideeyed:

but i keep telling myself it'll all be fine and work out in the end , everyday we have a job to do whether thats dealing with quotes from shippers or sorting things out and i'm trying to channel the stress into excitement :jiggy:

Fingers crossed it'll work ,

Take care it'll all workout in the end

Hey, stay calm! I wish we were that close!

Love your blog, btw. I'm hoping to continue my teaching down there (OH is the one with the job offer) so will be keen to continue to follow your progress.

You sound very organised so you'll get there just stay calm and keep making lists!

Good luck with the final month and keep focused on the goal!

Lyn x

Guest leeannekays

Hi Adelaide bound, iexperienced one of these attacks the days after our house was sold. I went through a week of worrying and thinking omg what am I doing up rooting my kids. Then I thought that if I wasn't doing it then I would be wishing I was.

Everything will fall in to place, just keep going with it all.

I'm sick of paperwork

Good luck with everything, what an adventure

Leeanne xx

Guest pixie7

Dont worry- you will do it all- because you have to lol! We leave the day after the Bacons so as of Saturday everything must be done- been packing tonight- and accepting we can not fit everything in! Thank god you get extra luggage allowance!

Write a list and gradually move through it- once the house is cleared of things youre not taking (which is hard going!) it does become easier- chase Pickfords up asap and get the shipping date sorted- it will make you feel better. Start gathering your things together in piles ( I left a suitcase open and we threw random things in as we thought of them).

Word of warning- the time goes at double speed in the last few weeks before you go and you do have manic moments- all normal (so im telling myself) just keep moving and doing things- dont put anything off!! Goodluck- see you there xx

Guest Adelaide_bound

LOL - thanks everyone - sorry had a minor wobble! I've been so laid back throughout the whole thing really - SS was a little nerve jangling, but overall think I've been pretty calm throughout. I think I was just focused on Christmas, seeing the family over New Year and Rob taking his driving test. Now he's passed that and we no longer have to stress so much over that, it just kinda hit me how much we have still to do lol.

Its the annoyingly tricky things like - what do we do with our bed? Its massive, so we can't move it, even in our 4x4, the mattress was my parents old one and it appears right on the very corner I think my father cut his leg or something as there is a blood patch on it that we didn't know was there - basically we can't sell it though despite it being worth about £1500 brand new - its in perfect condition and hardly used (my parents purchased it just before they moved to Spain and put it into storage here in the UK, then gave it to us 12 months ago) and such good quality that it breaks my heart to think its only fit for the tip....but we can't get it there lol. Think I will just have to attack it in the garden with a big big saw or something lol The base should be able to be sold, but people around here don't really like spending money on things, so guess we will freecycle it.

Will do a massive ebay session tomorrow, the spare bed, the sofas, the dining table, will pack the christmas tree away....and will do a massive list lol - organised woman will return! :biglaugh:

Thanks once again peeps, and you're right, I shouldn't complain, its all good - sorry for the wobble :P