moving to brisbane

Guest Tterrier81

Guest Tterrier81

hi all,

looks like im probably moving to brisbane in march due to being offered a job i cant turn down, just wondering if anyone has any info on brisbane like, whats the climate like compared to adelaide, are there any suburbs to avoid (will be working 40 minutes east of brisbane cbd), whats it like for nurses in brisbane, any info at all would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Hi,

we went to Brisbane for our first Christmas as we have good, Aussie friends there. I thought I'd hate it, but really loved it - just too far from the sea, for me. The temperature was about 27-31 degrees (we were there for three weeks) but you could tell when it was one degree warmer - well, I could anyway. The humidity is definitely higher there.

Give me the location of where you will be working and I'll ask for suitable areas - how far do you want to travel to work? Great place, being near to the SSC and GC :) stingers, but no Crocs!

Cooler

Guest Tterrier81

thanks guys, i will have a look at those sites, and i will be working in the wellington point/birkdale area, i would ideally like to live in and around those areas too as i would like to be able to walk/cycle to work, i have looked at rental prices and it seems u cant get much for less than $450 a week even though its 40 minutes to cbd

Hi been there a few times liked it very much sis in law lives up there were here for 10 years moved up about 6/7 years ago and love it. Bit more humid than here bit more rain up that way than here but not so cold in winter.There a bit more go ahead up there than they are in Adelaide

Guest Guest5035

Ha Ha i knew it the other week, you were asking questions etc etc, any way if you can afford wynnum go for it, fantastic suburb next to the sea, great fish and chips along the front opposite the kiddies park, great sailing out of there aswell, but no beach!! My brother in law lives there, WP is nice aswell, again no such beach, the east side of the pacific highway is expensive as its proximity to the city, might be 40 minutes but the transport system in brisvegas is awesome.Weather is alot better then here, warm winters , but can get humid for around 8/12 weeks, like adelaide gets really hot..

stevo