Inexperienced driver!?

malkitek

Hello,

Not sure if it's just our insurance company but we have just discovered we are classed as inexperienced drivers for first two years of our Aussie license! And as I have just had a fight with a bollard in McD's this means an added excess of $500! (my first accident ever in 12 years, honest!)

Seems an addiction to frozen coke is a dangerous thing, oh and an inability to read insurance policies thoroughly!

Gill x

Hi, yes we brought no claim bonus of seven years plus, which made insurance cheaper but didn't stop inexperienced driver excess if accident my fault, apparently as they don't count the years of uk license? very confusing!

We're also with Allianz, which crash repairer says is one of the better ones.

Gill x

Hi Malkitek

How bad is the damage i had a bump on our car and got it fixed by a guy in Hahndorf who does work for a couple of well known garage in the hills and done a great job and also did not have to go through my insurance.

Parko

Hi parko,

Thanks for that, but somehow I have managed from one bollard to destroy two doors and the hinges, and the sill (?). Honestly was going very slow and was just thinking isn't there usually a bollard here?! Crash repairer could repair instead of replace but said would still be way over excess? I do have protected ncb but will still be inexperienced driver for another 18 months!!

Gill x

We were originally with Allianz and they do treat you as inexperieced for 2yrs and charge you the extra excess in that period. They also use 2nd hand parts to fix new cars.

They are one of the largest and quite often cheaper than the rest but you need to read the policy to see if it's for you - it's a case of reading the fine print.

No longer with them....

We got stung with this when I bumped our car.

Always read the terms of the policy.

We also use Allianz but I have been told it the amount of time you have had an Australian driving licence.

You can have a licence from over seas for infinite years it does not make any difference.

I got stuck with an excess of $400 that I did not read about.

I know it was my fault for not reading the policy before I get blasted from fellow members on here.

Rob and Mel

Guest loopylisa

i'm with BUPA aka muual community and they just sked how long I had held license. we also get discounts for having content, car and health with same community and there customer service is the bst I have experienced from an insurance company. Also you get very good rebte rates for the health insurance.