television (the BBC)

Guest deborah

Guest deborah

I am worried that i am really going to miss all my BBC programmes like Dr Who , Torchwood and Robin Hood!

I hear the T.V. isn't great there.

Do they show Formula 1? (I know that is on ITV)

Guest Tracijbc

Have a look on news.com.au at the Adelaide TV guide. We found that they do show F1, but the time difference from Europe means we'll be up til the wee small hours on a Sunday night!! Aside from that, the TV looks pretty middle of the road. If you like BBC documentaries, you've no chance but according to our mate in Mildira, they do show Top Gear, so the OH is ecstatic!! Don't forget the new BBC iPlayer - 7 days of BBC TV online for free!

Guest Tracijbc
Sorry to disappoint you ladies, you can only view the BBC iplayer if you've got a UK ISP. You can still listen to BBC radio though, good old Terry Wogan!

Damn the BBC!! All those years of paying my licence.....poop!

From the BBC website.....

"Rights agreements mean that BBC iPlayer is only available to users in the UK. However, BBC Worldwide is working on an international version, which we will make available as soon as possible.

Some content, such as podcasts, are available to users outside the UK at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/directory/. Many BBC News programmes are available for viewers outside the UK at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/video_and_audio/default.stm, BBC Sport highlights are available at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport and BBC Radio stations are available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/"

Guest Globetrotter

I'm actually really glad the choice of tv programs isn't that good here as instead of being glued to the box we're out exploring our new surroundings. In the UK I spent so much time watching tv especially in the winter as not much else to do, but here the weather is so good you just want to be outside.

p.s The tv really isn't as bad as you expect anyway !

Sorry to disappoint you ladies, you can only view the BBC iplayer if you've got a UK ISP. You can still listen to BBC radio though, good old Terry Wogan!

Ahhh but I have a cunning plan and need someone from down under to check this out.

Could someone out there google "change ip adress" and try one of then out and see if they can use iplayer?

Aparently you can download a tool that can give you an ip addy for any where in the world. I was going to give it a go when I got out there and spread the news if it worked. But when I saw this thread I thought someone might want to try it out then people can be using it before I get there.

Pete

Sorry Pete, too cowardly to try it! Have spent the last 24 hours off line as our trusty old laptop was feeling under the weather and decided it couldn't be arsed to connect to Bigpond anymore. Have spent what feels like 23 out of said 24 hours with the phone attached to my ear talking to various Bigpond and Dell technicians but happily we seem to have sorted it now. Understandably am therefore too chicken to flirt with the unknown and will let someone else try before we buy.:dull:

Guest deborah

I guess i will just have to watch neighbours then!!

I will miss seeing David Tenant though!! Oh well by the time i get out there he will probably have regenerated into john sim or john Barrowman!!

Guest mcfarscott

Hi

UKtv has most of the best programmes from back home and also lifestyle has programmes such as trinny&susannah, grand designs, bargain hunt etc.

To be honest although the telly isn't that good in oz it was never that great in the UK either!!

Guest salisbury massive

Do not dispair deborah, ABC show a great many BBC programmes including the ones you have mentioned.

They also show the Bill, Murphys Law and A life on Mars. Just get Foxtel and you can have UKTV. Yes some of the shows are old and we are roughly 3 months behind in Eastenders but you can still catch up on the old favourites.

alternatively you can put one of those programmes on your computer that downloads shows and then transfer them to a disc. I think its called uknova.

Jo

Just been informed by OH (who is IT engineer) you can "SPOOF" your IP address with a UK one therefore you can use iplayer or you can use web page called "easytv.it"

Are you allowed to do that, when you sign up with your internet service provider, theres terms and conditions is changing or spoofing your IP addrees allowed.