anyone flying A380??

Guest Guest5035

Guest Adelaide_bound

Not really. Planes get little cracks all the time. If it were any bother they would instantly ground the whole load of them - no-one needs the risk of dead people on their hands at the moment, given the way business is going globally.

(Plus - its the Daily Mail - at least reference the BBC article on it if you want anyone to take it even half seriously :biglaugh: )

Qantas did ground its entire fleet in 2010 http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2010/s3057705.htm I also work with an ex-air steward who said that the A380 were often being repaired and that it was common insider knowledge that there are problems with the planes. Whether that translates into "critical" issues who knows how some people run their business especially when money is concerned and they can be short sighted. I'm a bit cynical about these things I must admit.

Not really. Planes get little cracks all the time. If it were any bother they would instantly ground the whole load of them - no-one needs the risk of dead people on their hands at the moment, given the way business is going globally.

(Plus - its the Daily Mail - at least reference the BBC article on it if you want anyone to take it even half seriously :biglaugh: )

Here's the BBC article re same ............ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16452878

Guest welshboy

I suppose we all get in a car and drive and we dont worry everytime some one MIGHT crash into you at every junction,or a set of lights,

life to short to keep worrying about things like that

Guest Adelaide_bound
Qantas did ground its entire fleet in 2010 http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2010/s3057705.htm I also work with an ex-air steward who said that the A380 were often being repaired and that it was common insider knowledge that there are problems with the planes. Whether that translates into "critical" issues who knows how some people run their business especially when money is concerned and they can be short sighted. I'm a bit cynical about these things I must admit.

But given the fact they trade massively off the fact they have never had a fatal accident/crash, they wouldn't risk putting birds up in the air if they were at all even slightly likely to be dangerous - it would rip a massive massive hole in their entire marketing and reputation, which would make the business suffer more than just removing them from service. Its not like they have that many in the fleet anyway, so removing them wouldn't cause too much fuss, other than the fact they have spent millions on buying them - but if they aren't fit for purpose, they would have a good case to get their money back from the manufacturers.

Complete storm in a media tea cup.......

Guest tinkham_lee

Heaps good, which parts did you used to make, I used to work for Rolls-Royce manufacturing the fan cases for the engines.

If the planes weren't safe to fly the airlines would ground them, don't worry too much about it, its the media making a mountain from a mole hill again.

Heaps good, which parts did you used to make, I used to work for Rolls-Royce manufacturing the fan cases for the engines.

If the planes weren't safe to fly the airlines would ground them, don't worry too much about it, its the media making a mountain from a mole hill again.

I used to make parts for the landing gear...uplocks and the like.....

True about airlines grounding foights etc....

HG

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Adelaide_bound

Seeing as they haven't grounded the entire fleet, all at once, yes it still is.

Can I ask what you get out of scaring people Steve? Rather nasty way to go about 'spreading the news' imho.